Sign in to follow this  
bswarriors

Pitt RB

Who is going to get the majority of the work load. I am in jam this week and need to start bettis or FWP. any thoughts??

I'm starting W. Parker due to injuries :wall:

my gut tells me Pitt lost last week and Bettis got 4 carries I say they split the load again. I think depends on how the game goes? I think Pitt will want to keep Cincy's Offense on the sidelines (did I just say that?) my how the times have changed. If Pitt plays catchup all day Parker is in the game.

Since Bettis came back, 2 very different looks have been given. For week #3, I'll conjure up a split on the touches-to a degree. Bettis will definately see more than 4 carries, yet not as many as 20 in this one. I project him to tote it a dozen times, accumulate 50 and a score. Fast Willie will get 23 carries, resulting in 103 and a TD, with 4/38 in the passing game as well. Roth will be wanting to keep this a running game and won't be airing it out much.

I have Willie, but don't trust him this week...I think Bettis is line for a huge game, maybe one of his last great games before he heads off into the sunset, I'm talking 3 TDs and 70-80 yds....I hope it doesn't happen, but think Cowher already admitted that Bettis wasn't used properly in the last game and he can make up for that this week...If I had the option of choosing Willie over Jerome, I'd go with Jerome simply because he can get you the quick 6 pts, where Willie has to work for it

Parker should find room today, everyone knows every team has stacked the box against him on almost EVERY down since week two. It was apparent when Bettis had the ball - the D changed and dropped guys back. That is why Parker has struggled week 3 thru now, everyone who has watched will agree, I hope, that's what I saw anyway. Today should NOT not be the same, look for Parker to get more involved in the passing game - say 5-7 rec and maybe a TD on a rec. This should help keep the LB's honest and staying back a bit more. Parker may break a long run off as well - 45+ yards on one carry. He will get around 10-17 carries so look for around 85-120 on the ground. FJB will for sure vulture the ground money, but overall I feel that FWP will be a SOLID START today against Cinny.