Sign in to follow this  
PittFootball

*Black Label Society*

... but why are you hanging out with this schmuck? :(

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/fant...over/index.html

Xtreme Makeover

Posted: Tuesday October 18, 2005 12:22PM; Updated: Tuesday October 18, 2005 12:22PM

By Samuel Caplan, Special to SI.com

We had to devote this week's makeover to a brother in arms, so to speak. Being a heavy metal enthusiast, I couldn't turn down the request of Michael Smith, whose team name is "Black Label Society." Michael named his team in honor of his favorite guitarist, Zakk Wylde, who is the lead guitarist for the band. Non-metal fans might be more familiar with Zakk's work as the lead guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne's solo band.

In a strange twist, while writing this article one of the songs that played on the satellite radio metal station I listen to was Doomsday INC, which is Black Label Society's latest single. I kid you not.

Michael's team is only 2-4, but we feel he still has a chance to turn his season around because his two wins have come against top-notch teams. Adding further motivation for our desire to help Michael was a recent note in the league's newsletter sent by his commissioner:

"I won't say this is the worst team [black Label Society] in the league, there's other worse. But he doesn't look too good either. This team has one [lucky] win against Tampa in week two and may not get another win until he faces Orange in week twelve, there is a possibility of going 1-13 though. His highest scorer on his team is Terry Glenn followed by tight end L.J. Smith. BLS, that's not a good thing. If he wins another game I'll be surprised and if he makes the playoffs I'll kiss his [butt] (well, not actually but I'll congratulate him)"

Ouch. Those are some harsh words. We need to get Michael back on track so that some butt smooching will be in order by season's end.

Wow, that sounded bad, huh?

Maybe we should re-phrase the sentence by saying that our goal is to make sure there is some crow eating by season's end. By the way, does anyone know what crow truly tastes like? Does it take like chicken?

Okay...so who is Michael Smith?

Guest Black Label Society

dude stole my username :cheers:

who the hell is Michael Smith?[code]