Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

The Caddy: maybe in the shop longer than we think

Buccaneers | Williams' Injury Requires Rest, Patience

Tue Oct 25 6:35:00 p.m. ET 2005(KFFL)

Stephen F. Holder, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Carnell Williams (foot) will need plenty of rest to completely recover from his foot injury. "The problem with the arch is the stress that goes through there is very high," said Dr. Ned Amendola, director of sports medicine at the University of Iowa. "And for a guy who is a superior athlete, the stresses are significantly increased. That means it takes more time to heal. You really have to be 100 percent because you're going to put so much of a load on it." Williams has said he has strained the tendons in the mid-foot area.

"It's really an uncertain dilemma, and MRIs can't always tell you how bad it is," Amendola said. "You have to really put it all together and really listen to the athlete." The Buccaneers had a Bye in Week 7 and Williams has previously stated he expects to play in Week 8.

This is just some doctor though, right?

He isn't treating Caddy and it is doubtful he even knows what the real injury is so it is all speculation.

I don't like the fact that his injury is to his arch and he may be hampered all season but this is a liitle misleading. That said, I am shopping Caddy now for someone who isn't injured...

I need Caddy up and running this week. Not only is it the freaking Niners, but my 6-1 team is playing the other 6-1 team...and I have Edge and Dunn on bye. Its bad enough I have to start Westbrook, but if I don't have Caddy I'll be starting a waiver wire back. :unsure:

I'm gonna start Pittman and Caddy this weekend.

Whichever one starts, should make points for two rb's against SF.