Sign in to follow this  
rocobears2005

Donald Driver

With Green and Furgeson going down this week do you think Driver's production will go up, down, or stay about the same for the rest of the season? My fear is that teams don't have to fear the run at all with Fisher running the ball and I am not sure Driver can handle all of the double teams.

Thoughts?

Driver had a killer 1st half...but when Ferguson went down he couldn't do anything. "D" just focused on shutting him down, and they did. Don't see much different thatn that from here on out.

Don't worry. The guy was and will continue to get catches, TDs and points.

Remember when Javon went down? Everyone started crying about how Driver will get double and tripled team blah blah blah....

Just start him with confidence.

Guest matuski
Driver had a killer 1st half...but when Ferguson went down he couldn't do anything. "D" just focused on shutting him down, and they did. Don't see much different thatn that from here on out.

Hello Clueless.

Has it EVER mattered who Favre's WR's were? Driver will see plenty of balls.

Uhhhhh ... Driver had ONE catch before Fergy went down ....

Then he caught 7 more balls without dropping any. He was targeted 9 times and the only one he didn't catch was when he was open and Favre threw it at his feet downfield.

Not worried. He will be fine.

color me concerned. Most WRs don't do well in triple coverage...

Does that mean you are picking up Bubba Franks, Chatman and Mitchell since they will be open all day with a Pro Bowl QB throwing to them being behind in score?? :cry:

Guest matuski

Except Driver when Walker went down, then after Fergy went down. If I'm not mistaken all but one catch was made AFTER fergy went down.

How big can the drop be from a no-name (fergy) to another no-name (Chatman)?

triple coverage? even T.O or Randy Moss don't get tripled coverage. Let alone double coverage for the entire game.

You don't triple cover a WR with Favre as the QB. Thats just rediculous.

Does that mean you are picking up Bubba Franks, Chatman and Mitchell since they will be open all day with a Pro Bowl QB throwing to them being behind in score?? :sleep:

He might blow up - I hope so because I have him in a PPR league and he's been money so far.

But losing Fergy could hurt.

You can talk all day about how well they played against the Viqueens - let's see them against the Bengals D, which is one of the most opportunistic secondaries in the league and then talk some more about it or start rolling our eyes.

All I'm saying is that the less targets Favre has, the more attention the ones he has left will receive. I was exaggerating about the triple coverage, but Bubba focking Franks isn't going to stretch the field to keep the Bengals D/ST honest. They'll be mugging Driver all day and daring Favre to dink and dunk on them. Could be lots of 3-outs. And Fisher isn't exactly going to send ripples of fear through anyone...he's 3rd string for a reason.

Hopefully I'm TOTALLY wrong. I honestly hope so because I need Driver to do well. But that is one decimated offense and it's going to be hard for them to produce.