Sign in to follow this  
Ernie McCracken

Predictions for Chris Simms

He should post good #'s. I see a few picks but Simms can put up yardage. TB may play not to lose for the rest of the season so his #'s will stay down. VS SF would be the only game i would use him..

225, 2 and 2.

With Manning on bye, I'm starting Simms against a Sf team than just made mark Brunell look like..... well, Mark Brunell in 1975.

Galloway and Clayton should both be able to beat Sf secondary. When... When... Gruden and TB running game needs them to. Which won't be a ton, Imo.

Some clown in my league had 5 or 6 qbs and is trying some new rookie strategy. As it turns out I'm playing Edge and Wayne's team this week and like my chances.

Tampa comes out over confident, Simms gets rattled early, turns the ball over a few times, 49ers pull the upset. Rattay starts next week and leads the Bucs into the playoffs!

Simms sucks. He wouldn't even be in the league if his last name wasn't Simms and Gruden has so little faith in him that he over-paid Griese instead of making him the starter! I laughed at the guys who rushed to grab Simms off the wire last week. :banana:

Simms will throw the ball about 20 times, and TB will run the Niners right into the ground.

What a bunch of focking nonesense. The Niners have zero offense, and they're going against an experienced and talented defense.

Bucs put up 2 defensive scores and win 28-10. ;)

Simms will throw the ball about 20 times, and TB will run the Niners right into the ground.

What a bunch of focking nonesense. The Niners have zero offense, and they're going against an experienced and talented defense.

Bucs put up 2 defensive scores and win 28-10. :(

There are upsets that "shouldn't happen" every single week, a good gambler finds them! With Simms in there, I'll take the points :mad:

Tampa comes out over confident, Simms gets rattled early, turns the ball over a few times, 49ers pull the upset. Rattay starts next week and leads the Bucs into the playoffs!

Simms sucks. He wouldn't even be in the league if his last name wasn't Simms and Gruden has so little faith in him that he over-paid Griese instead of making him the starter! I laughed at the guys who rushed to grab Simms off the wire last week. :lol:

I agree with all of that. Simms is way over rated even where he is at now. Any UT fan will tell you how over rated Simms is. I like Rattay, i think it would be hard for anyone to succeed in the San Fran offense the past two seasons.

The 49ers defense isn't too bad, they give up a lot of points but they get in there and sack and pressure the QB and they get a decent amount of turnovers.

the simms / cadillac williams ERA begins this weekend...this could be money.

Put down the crack pipe. Seriously, Simms is a good kid, but he's just not capable as a QB in the pros. He wasn't all that capable in college. Great physical attributes, but there's not much going on upstairs. Zero intangibles, can't look off receivers, can't feel the rush, rarely looks for a second read.

But at least he fumbles a lot.

Gruden's a smart guy. Look for TB to run a lot. Should be low scoring. I like SF to cover.

the simms / cadillac williams ERA begins this weekend...this could be money.

Put down the crack pipe. Seriously, Simms is a good kid, but he's just not capable as a QB in the pros. He wasn't all that capable in college. Great physical attributes, but there's not much going on upstairs. Zero intangibles, can't look off receivers, can't feel the rush, rarely looks for a second read.

But at least he fumbles a lot.

Gruden's a smart guy. Look for TB to run a lot. Should be low scoring. I like SF to cover.

OK granted that, an ERA would be a bold prediction [i'm not evan a bucs fan]...but at least for this week, the Bucs D should provide them with great scoring opps. caddy and pittman will give simms enough balance to throw a couple TDs and 200+ yrds