Sign in to follow this  
hoffinglesby

Jeff Garcia, QB DET - Week 8

Jeff Garcia faces the Chicago D in Detriot... Last week he did better then Joey Harrington has done all season... He's listed as QUESTIONABLE due to his ankle, as is Kevin Jones and Roy Williams... Is he worth starting as a bye week replacement, when the only other options are Kurt Warner, Gus Frerotte, and David Carr...

Jeff Garcia faces the Chicago D in Detriot... Last week he did better then Joey Harrington has done all season... He's listed as QUESTIONABLE due to his ankle, as is Kevin Jones and Roy Williams... Is he worth starting as a bye week replacement, when the only other options are Kurt Warner, Gus Frerotte, and David Carr...

This week will be tough against that Bears D, but...........the majority of the remaining schedule looks great. I'm in a 12 teama start 2 QB's league and snatched up Garcia of the WW (and I'm happy about it).

Jeff Garcia faces the Chicago D in Detriot...  Last week he did better then Joey Harrington has done all season...  He's listed as QUESTIONABLE due to his ankle, as is Kevin Jones and Roy Williams...  Is he worth starting as a bye week replacement, when the only other options are Kurt Warner, Gus Frerotte, and David Carr...

This week will be tough against that Bears D, but...........the majority of the remaining schedule looks great. I'm in a 12 teama start 2 QB's league and snatched up Garcia of the WW (and I'm happy about it).

Wow, it must be tough to play 2QB in 12 team league.

I having hard time with 2QB in 10 team league.

The Bears defense has allowed a total of just 6 passing TDs and an average of only 177 ypg passing all year. This is not the week to be starting Jeff Garcia, IMO. However, your other options aren't the greatest either. For a one-week sub, I would go with Frerotte, who has a slightly better matchup against the Saints. For a rest-of-the-season roster spot, though, I'd take Garcia.

tough matchup this week...though the other options you have listed aren't that great, either.

that said, the bears can be thrown on. their front 7 has masked well the problems they have in the secondary (i.e. the bears passing defense stats belong solely to the front 7). if garcia can roll out and avoid the pressure there will be people open in the secondary.

If the Bears crowd the line to stop the run--I look for Garcia to connect on a couple long ones similarly to the one caught by Mike Williams last week.