Sign in to follow this  
BirdBradyBobbyOrr

Kevin Curtis / Dane Looker CBS Scoring Controversy

Do any of you ST Louis locals no what Kevin Curtis had for stats last week? What about Dane Looker? There has been a 21 yard correction in the scoring at CBS showing Looker with a 21 yard pass reception and taking it away from Curtis.

Being that they are the only 2 white wideouts in the league (joking) I can see how it happened.

Who has a St Louis paper? Who can verify this either way. It's huge in my league and a huge controversy.

I went to the play by play on nfl.com and it shows Curtis with 4 catches for 90 yds. Part of CBS Sportsline still shows Curtis with 90 yds. If you click on Kevin Curtis and look at his "latest news" it reports him with 4 for 90. The only place that shows him with 69 yards is the scoring section of CBS Sportsline. Every other sports web site/newspaper lists Curtis with 90 yds...ESPN, NFL.com, Sporting News etc. Sent Sportsline an e-mail questioning it, just waiting to see if I hear anything back. It is the difference between a tie and a win for me! I also e-mailed my commish asking for a correction citing NFL.com as the authority for all things football. We'll see what happens.

You're gonna have to go back and re-watch the game. There was a 21-yard catch (in the early 4th quarter, I think) that was originally credited to Curtis but is now credited to Looker by some sites.

Hey Joe... thanks man. I'll come back and update when I hear somethign you do the same. I like the owner who will get f'ed if the stats are taken from Curtis but him getting an L would be big for my division hopes.

You're gonna have to go back and re-watch the game. There was a 21-yard catch (in the early 4th quarter, I think) that was originally credited to Curtis but is now credited to Looker by some sites.

I missed the Direct TV Sunday Ticket short cut of the game already. By the time I got home tonight it had already been on. Anyone else see it, tape it, tivo it?

I like the owner who will get f'ed if the stats are taken from Curtis ....

Yea, so do I cause it's me. I won by 2 pts with Curtis. The way my luck is running this year in that league, it will probably be reversed.

Here's the play, at 0:13 in the 2nd quarter:

3-1-STL39 (:13) J.Martin pass to K.Curtis to NO 40 for 21 yards (S.Gleason).

This is from the play-by-play at NFL.com, but it's not considered to be "official" yet.

However, I did read on another message board that it was actually Looker who caught this pass.

I was watching the game on DirectTV and had my live scoring for CBS Sportsline showing on my laptop. I had Curtis playing for me and I got credit for the catch made by Looker (who is #89). I do not think this has been corrected, but I am pretty sure Looker made that catch.

WOW, this is huge in my league. A guy had a 1 point win over a previously undefeated team and now is down 2 points.

Please post any more info on this as it comes in.

5 million members and not one person has this game on Tivo?

Someone step up with the legwork!

TIA :thumbsup:

The 21-yard catch was definitely made by Looker. NFL.com has now posted the correct stat lines for Curtis and Looker.

Curtis goes from 4-90 to 3-69 and Looker goes from 3-22 to 4-43.

They haven't yet changed the Gamebook or Play-By-Play, however.

the scoring change was made on yahoo. looker credited with the catch and taken away from curtis. this makes last week's loss easier to take as i had originally lost by .1