Sign in to follow this  
hawkfan

Arrington VS Benson

I have Benson late in a sleeper league and could possibly get JJ. Who do you think will have a bigger impact next year?

Benson has to compete with TJ but the Chicago has is a running offense (not by choice, their passing game is non-existent). I think Benson will be a good back but might become RBBC with TJ.

JJ on the other hand has potential but Arizona's line is horrible. I think JJ has more talent but is one a sh1t team.

Any thoughts???

The main difference between the two is that Arrington was annointed the starter on draft day and has since been demoted due to his profound suckiness. To place all the blame on the Oline is not correct. This guy is just too small to be an effective every down player. He gets killed when he even thinks about trying to block someone and he goes down in a stiff breeze.

With Benson, at least he hasn't fallen completely on his face yet. I think his development was seriously slowed by his holdout and he has not had a chance to get comfortable in the offense. Couple that with Jones' strong play and they don't really need to force him out there.

If I had to put percentages on it, I would say Arrington is up to about 70% bust potential and Benson is around 25%.

I have Benson late in a sleeper league and could possibly get JJ. Who do you think will have a bigger impact next year?

Benson has to compete with TJ but the Chicago has is a running offense (not by choice, their passing game is non-existent). I think Benson will be a good back but might become RBBC with TJ.

JJ on the other hand has potential but Arizona's line is horrible. I think JJ has more talent but is one a sh1t team.

Any thoughts???

i dont know how you figure arrington has more talent than benson. im pretty sure if he did, he would have been drafted a little higher than what he was drafted, im sure one of the teams, that took a rb early in the draft would have noticed his talent.......anyways, if you watch arizona play, all they do is pass the ball. even if arrington was named the feature guy, i dont think he would get more than 10 carries on a consistant basis.

I have Benson late in a sleeper league and could possibly get JJ.  Who do you think will have a bigger impact next year?

Benson has to compete with TJ but the Chicago has is a running offense (not by choice, their passing game is non-existent).  I think Benson will be a good back but might become RBBC with TJ.

JJ on the other hand has potential but Arizona's line is horrible.  I think JJ has more talent but is one a sh1t team.

Any thoughts???

i dont know how you figure arrington has more talent than benson. im pretty sure if he did, he would have been drafted a little higher than what he was drafted, im sure one of the teams, that took a rb early in the draft would have noticed his talent.......anyways, if you watch arizona play, all they do is pass the ball. even if arrington was named the feature guy, i dont think he would get more than 10 carries on a consistant basis.

If one of their RB's stopped sucking, they would run the ball more. The number of passes is based on them being entirely ineffective on the ground. Dennis Green had no problem getting Robert Smith and Michael Bennett enough carries to be top RB's.

That being said, I don't see Arrington or Shipp not sucking anytime soon. On the other side, Benson has 35 million dollars invested in him. There is no way whatsoever that he doesn't get a chance to earn that money. T Jones is going to want to get paid with what he is doing - it'll be interesting to see what happens there long term.

Benson is the clear choice, based on talent and 35 million other reasons.