Sign in to follow this  
ShaneFalco

Bills sign WR Peerless Price

This has the makings of a disaster. I mean more of a disaster. Price's one season of glory coincided with an entire teams suprising success. He was in his third year, had not gained opposing defenses attention due to Moulds on the other side and his own pedestrian numbers the previous two seasons, Bledsoe was said to be done, Travis Henry was a surprise, and their defense over achieved. If you look at his stats the second half of the season you'll see there was a notable reduction as defenses started providing help in coverage.

He then went on to be a classic example of the free agent bust and finally gets cut by two teams in the same season. Dallas and Atlanta weren't particularly noted for their strength of personnel at wideout. Now the Bills are actually paying him to return? This is like the guy who comes back to his high school campus to relive whatever fleeting moment he had once in his life. I have to wonder exactly what it is he'll be contributing to the team.

Lee Evans, in my opinion, isn't ready to handle it as the primary receiver and Prices ineffectiveness won't help lighten the load. I forgot to mention, half of Prices' TD's that one good year came on long passes where he simply out ran the coverage. That's exactly the same way Evans gets his TD's. Common denominator? Moulds drawing the coverage. I wouldn't give up on Roscoe Parrish by any stretch (if Holcomb starts) because if he can run effective routes and go over the middle he'll have a job.

I'm do feel for Bills fans though. Maybe bringing Price back is an attempt to relive the closest thing to success they've had in a long time.