Sign in to follow this  
Clash of the Titans

anyone interested in a college fantasy league this year

as some of you might remember ( sigman, young gunns, freddy d, deadlyrange, etc ) we had one here three seaons ago in 2003... we tried it again in 2004 but had to disband due to several members having other things that prevented them from partaking in the draft....

we did the league manually ( each team added his score over the following Sunday and monday ) since there were no sites to hold one.... i think we'll have to do it manually again as i have found only one site that charges 25 bucks per team and cbssportsline ( but they don't list the real names of players per NCAA rules so that would make it very confusing )...just trying to gauge some interest....i would love to do it again.....

here are the rules from 3 years ago.....post if you would like to play...i want the league to be free again...here is the original site if you would like to check it out....collegeffleague.proboards18.com..i would like to hold it there once again.....

here are the league rules as of now......

- 12 team head-to-head FREE league of division 1-a ( 117 teams ) college players

starts:

1 qb

2 rb

3 wr

1 d/st

1 k

1 coach

scoring:

25 yards passing = 1 point

10 yards rushing/receiving = 1 point

6 points for any touchdown rushing, receiving or passing

fumbles or interceptions= -2points

coaching win 2 points

coaching loss -3 points

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Statistical Categories (Defense Teams): 0 Pts Allowed (10)

1-6 Pts Allowed (7)

7-13 Pts Allowed (4)

14-20 Pts Allowed (3)

21-27 Pts Allowed (2)

28-34 Pts Allowed (1)

35+ Pts Allowed (0)

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

as you can see it's a very basic scoring league. i will need everyone to submit your lineup to me by midnight, the friday before gameday ( saturday) or else i will submit a lineup for you that morning. if you have players that are playing in a tuesday or thursday game that week, you must submit the player on the weekly gameboard by kickoff. i will create a separate board here each game week, with a different thread for each game. to make this easier for all of us, i just ask each team to post their player's stats for each game. it should be easy to track this by using espn.com or looking at the boxscore on each team's official website. all results are due by midnight cst tuesday or else u forfeit your game for that week. of course all emergencies are taken into consideration. this is going to give each team 72 hours to calculate a score. if the week begins tuesday then results are due monday evening by midnight cst if their is any disagreement , either deadlyrange or i will calculate the final result and make the final call.

the season for 2006 begins with week 1 the first september and runs for 10 weeks until early november - week 10. the next 2 weeks will be the playoffs, with a 4 team championship and then a 4 team consolation. there will be 4 divisions of 4 teams with each division champ competing in the championship bracket. the next 4 teams with the best record will form the consolation playoff bracket. each team will play the other 3 teams from his division twice and three teams from another division once for a total of 9 games in 2006. i might look at making it 10 games since the college season has been expanded to 12 games on a permanent basis!

free agents can be added or dropped at any time on a first-come first-serve basis. once a player is dropped he goes on the waiver wire for 2 days. the waiver wire order will be determined in reverse order of the draft each year. once you select a player off waivers, you automatically go to the end of the pecking order. if the player is not claimed by anyone within the 48 hours he is chosen, he automatically becomes a free agent. your roster can never exceed the number of 16. it is a 4 man unique keeper league. you must keep up to 4 players each year, but at whatever draft spot u originally took the player, you lose that spot in the future drafts, as long as you keep the player. there are no limits on the time u can keep a player, as long as he remains eligible. if he loses his eligibilty for any reason, he goes back in the pool. all keepers will be due by august 1st of the next year. trading is allowed at any time as well as draft picks. if you keep a player you picked up off waivers/free agents during the seaon then you lose your 16th round pick all the way down until the possible 13th one.

trading is allowed at any times but is frozen for the current season, the friday before week 7 of the regular season. once the season is over, trading is allowed all the way until august , when keepers must be declared. all trades are subject to review by the commissioner and co- commissioner.

one other note of importance about trades concerns draft picks. if you do trade current players and end up with more than 12 picks after declaring your 4 keepers, you will have 48 hours after the draft to clear your roster down to 16 players.

the draft will be 16 round serpentine with an order determined randomly once all teams have signed in. the draft style each following year will be in reverse order of the previous year's standings. all rosters are frozen as soon as the season ends with championship week. of course each team will be keeping 4 players so you will only be drafting 12 of the 16 rounds. if some reason you cannot keep 4. you wil keep as many eligible players as possible and draft the extra rounds to give u a team of 16.

hopefully, i covered everything here as of now, and i appreciate all of you guys that are interested.... if you have any questions, please feel free to post in this thread or e-mail me at crimsongiants@hotmail.com.

once again, thanks for the interest !!!!!

clash

send me the email to the proboards site for our FFtoday Dynasty leage....clown :ninja:

I need to know what pick I have in the rookie draft.... :blink:

Hey Clash. Are we still going to have our keeper league again this year? I might want to start making some deals right after the draft.

I remember taking part in a college ff league a couple years ago. I'd think about it. SCA129@aol.com.. just hit me up with the details and I'll get back to you.

King of the Mall in the house :doh:

also bump

send me the email to the proboards site for our FFtoday Dynasty leage....clown :blink:

I need to know what pick I have in the rookie draft.... :first:

YES SIR! :ninja:

fftdleague.proboards26.com

what's up man...i'll be sending out e-mails next week to make sure everyone is returning......sorry for not being more active there the past few months...ben very busy..but i'll now begin to turn my attention to my leagues....lookinf forward to it

have a good Easter...what's new with you in vegas?

Hey Clash. Are we still going to have our keeper league again this year? I might want to start making some deals right after the draft.

what's up tom-dog...i sure plan on it.. my have to replace a person or two....i will be sending out e-mails for returnees after the holiday weekend

have a good Easter!!!

have a good Easter...what's new with you in vegas?

you too...nada out here...just formutlatin' how the Terriers and VOLS are gonna roll your a$$ this year :thumbsup: