Sign in to follow this  
Slush Puppy

Why does Berman feel the need to ruin the suspense of the picks

He obviously gets the pick before they are announced. THis is fairly evident. For example, before the Jags picked Mercedes Lewis, Berman says the Jags might go with a Big TE literally seconds before the pick is annouced. Then, when the Titans pick in round 2, he says "I think this is a name you all know", thus ruining the suspense and telling every1 Lendale White is the pick. Furthermore, before the Bills picked in round 1, he said "I think this pick might be a little bit of a curveball" thus informing every1 in my room that we shud all get ready to criticize the pick. Please Berman, leave us some suspense.

And that's my rant for today.

I agree 100%. I like Berman, so I won't criticize him too much, but theres no need for his commentary right before the pick.

He is the Artie Bucco of the draft proceedings.

:mad:

Stay in the Radio City Music Hall kitchen!

:mad:

calm down buddy we have 4 more picks tomorrow

save the rage

I like that they USED to pause before going to the podium and guess who was going to be the pick, so in general I don't mind the little comments as guesses. But yeah, before the Jason Allen pick he said "oh, a big corner..."

BTW- the pick is taken to that pannel and it makes sense that it's sent to people that need to cue up video/graphics, and to the announcers so they can find the notes on the guy- just wish they'd make their guesses before that happens and then shut off the mic's.

NFL Network >>>>>>> ESPN

Yesterdays coverage on NFL Network was incredible.

Two lines of the day...

'Miami can now smoke 'em if they got 'em'

and, while talking about Marcus McNeil they were saying how he is big in the legs and bends at the waist, while going to commercial break Mayock quips in...

'Thats what my last few dates have been like.' :thumbsup:

NFL Network >>>>>>> ESPN

Yesterdays coverage on NFL Network was incredible.

Two lines of the day...

'Miami can now smoke 'em if they got 'em'

and, while talking about Marcus McNeil they were saying how he is big in the legs and bends at the waist, while going to commercial break Mayock quips in...

'Thats what my last few dates have been like.' :cheers:

ITA. Corey Chavous was pretty great too...very knowledgeable...pretty much the anti-Irvin.

ITA. Corey Chavous was pretty great too...very knowledgeable...pretty much the anti-Irvin.

:cheers:

Did you see the book of DVD's he pulled out?

He had to have had 60-70 DVD's just loaded with game film, and highlight tapes of all the players in the draft...he said he spent all his free time in January and February studying the tapes. Unreal. The guy was real good.

Did you see the book of DVD's he pulled out?

He had to have had 60-70 DVD's just loaded with game film, and highlight tapes of all the players in the draft...he said he spent all his free time in January and February studying the tapes. Unreal. The guy was real good.

I did...didn't know what he was showing at first, but then you could see labels like "Senior Bowl - practice," and I was like wataf? Guy's hardcore...nice to see a pro or ex-pro be chosen for the booth/studio on the basis of substance for a change. :doublethumbsup:

Agree all around. Chavous has been on ESPN the last few years as their "player expert". This year he got to step up to the next level and he did really well. Very knowledgable.

NFL Network gets an A+ from me.