Sign in to follow this  
Slush Puppy

The Kyoto Protocols

I'm still waiting for someone to explain my question from page one,post 30.Here it is again.The link is on page one,post 30.

The temperature of the atmosphere fluctuates over a wide range, the result of solar activity and other influences. During the past 3,000 years, there have been five extended periods when it was distinctly warmer than today. One of the two coldest periods, known as the Little Ice Age, occurred 300 years ago. Atmospheric temperatures have been rising from that low for the past 300 years, but remain below the 3,000-year average.

Please help me understand.

:mellow:

Where are you getting your numbers from?

I never said the ice wasn't there, Spanky. It's just that it has been proven you can't get accurate atmospheric co2 readings from ice, not even recent snow.

Proven? You understand that the vast majority of climatologists in the world disagree with you. If proven means that it fits with your preference I guess we have nothing more to discuss.

I believe the vote was 96-0 and basically said that it would be illegal for us to sign onto

a treaty that would harm the economy in a significant way.

Thanks. Good move by Congress IMO.

Proven? You understand that the vast majority of climatologists in the world disagree with you. If proven means that it fits with your preference I guess we have nothing more to discuss.

Yeah,and back in the 1970's climatologists were sure we were going into an ice age.But they were wrong yet again.

We each have a set of beliefs. I won't so arrogant as to try to tell you I know what's going to happen. I've tried to base my beliefs on observations and data. I can only assume you have as well.

Hope it turns out well for all of us in the long run.

Proven? You understand that the vast majority of climatologists in the world disagree with you.

Yep, the vast majority. :mellow:

Myth #2: Humans Are Causing Global Warming.

Scientists do not agree that humans discernibly influence global climate because the evidence supporting that theory is weak. The scientific experts most directly concerned with climate conditions reject the theory by a wide margin.

A Gallup poll found that only 17 percent of the members of the Meteorological Society and the American Geophysical Society think that the warming of the 20th century has been a result of greenhouse gas emissions - principally CO2 from burning fossil fuels. [see Figure II.]

Only 13 percent of the scientists responding to a survey conducted by the environmental organization Greenpeace believe catastrophic climate change will result from continuing current patterns of energy use.

junkscience.com? Not exactly the American Meteorological Society now is it?

Yep, the vast majority. :(

Myth #2: Humans Are Causing Global Warming.

Scientists do not agree that humans discernibly influence global climate because the evidence supporting that theory is weak. The scientific experts most directly concerned with climate conditions reject the theory by a wide margin.

A Gallup poll found that only 17 percent of the members of the Meteorological Society and the American Geophysical Society think that the warming of the 20th century has been a result of greenhouse gas emissions - principally CO2 from burning fossil fuels. [see Figure II.]

Only 13 percent of the scientists responding to a survey conducted by the environmental organization Greenpeace believe catastrophic climate change will result from continuing current patterns of energy use.

Links?

Links?

Been there, done that in another thread. I suggest you google "fluctuations in solar activity" to see the real cause of climate change.

It's the focking sun! Whodathunkit?

Been there, done that in another thread. I suggest you google "fluctuations in solar activity" to see the real cause of climate change.

It's the focking sun! Whodathunkit?

Here's the link to the search at Google

So which one links to the poll numbers you quoted?

MY suggested search was so you could learn the real cause of climate changes.

Try "global warming myth" for plenty of links that shoot down any and every argument the GWT panic crowd comes up with.

HTH

International Journal of Climatology Got anything you want to reference from peer reviewed journals like this?

As opposed to John-Daly.com and similar stuff? I can find lots of dudes that will tell you the world is just dandy, but because its on the web doesn't make it true.

I tend to lean towards peer reviewed material.