Sign in to follow this  
RamslovaMartzhata

Mark Cuban as Owner of NFL Expasion Team in LA?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5714172

Personally, I like Cuban. He supposedly stays out of the coaching and management issues as far as the team is concerned... is willing to spend money, and is just an overzealous fan if anything. I know if I was an owner... I'd probably be the same way he is.

That being said... I don't think him and NFL are a good mix. Regardless... please bring a team back to LA

LA doesn't deserve a team. They showed no interest in the Rams, so they left. They showed no interest in the Raiders, so they went back to Oakland of all places.

It may be the 2nd biggest media market in the US, but if people don't care about football in their city, it doesn't really matter.

Besides, an expansion team in a media market like LA means having to watch alot of crappy football on national TV coverages. :wub:

LA doesn't deserve a team. They showed no interest in the Rams, so they left. They showed no interest in the Raiders, so they went back to Oakland of all places.

It may be the 2nd biggest media market in the US, but if people don't care about football in their city, it doesn't really matter.

Besides, an expansion team in a media market like LA means having to watch alot of crappy football on national TV coverages. :wub:

Admittedly LA fans are fickle and not die-hard... but USC's resurgence has proven how big football can be if we put a competitive team in the market. The area is desperate for a football team. Why else did you think LA won the XFL? Tommy Maddox for 5000 :(

Admittedly LA fans are fickle and not die-hard... but USC's resurgence has proven how big football can be if we put a competitive team in the market. The area is desperate for a football team. Why else did you think LA won the XFL? Tommy Maddox for 5000 :rolleyes:

Well, USC used to be real good back in the late 70's/early 80's. What happened afterward?

Realistically, how many chances does a city get?

You know full well that LA will get more than their fare share of nationally televised games at the start. And at the start, the team's gonna suck real bad. Good for other conference opponents, bad for us on the right coast.

Once a fickle fan, always a fickle fan.

the refs' lives would be in danger, but it could be fun.

Not really because the atmosphere is a lot diffrent. Its not like basketball where you are literally 10 feet away from the refs.

Not really because the atmosphere is a lot diffrent. Its not like basketball where you are literally 10 feet away from the refs.

:blink: um, it was said in jest.

Well, USC used to be real good back in the late 70's/early 80's. What happened afterward?

Realistically, how many chances does a city get?

You know full well that LA will get more than their fare share of nationally televised games at the start. And at the start, the team's gonna suck real bad. Good for other conference opponents, bad for us on the right coast.

Once a fickle fan, always a fickle fan.

USC has always had a devoted following... not sure where you are going there. But the media hype for them recently was unparrelled for this area.

You have a point, but don't let a lot of rotten apples ruin the whole bunch. I for one attended almost every home Ram game from about 85 to 96. And also in the fickle fans' defense... Al Davis and Georgia Fronteirre didn't make things any easier. Also in our defense... the Dodgers and Lakers have always had a loyal big time following... and since the Angels and Clippers have as well. To me the product was just as much to blame as the fan.

ps - "Right Coast." Maybe if you are in space... but I'll trade California's retarded pretentious attitude for the women and weather any day of the week and 0 times on Sunday :thumbsdown: