Sign in to follow this  
rebooters

Defense selection

are you one of those that will spend an early pick like round 6 or 7(sometimes freaks do this sooner) on a defense like chicago or pittsburgh?

every year there is an owner or two that cant resist the defense sitting there. years back it was baltimore and tampa bay(cant remember before that). now its pittsburgh, chicago, cinci, everyone likes the colts now.

i like to make a list of the weakest offenses. i then go through and figure out a strength of schedule for the defenses for the first 5 weeks based on my preseason predictions/research. i then wait until the second or third to last round and grab the best on my list. usually its one of the top on this list because all the "good" defenses are gone. so now i have a defense with a soft schedule for 5 weeks and after the five weeks is done ill make the decision to keep them or ill compile another list to get me through week 10. last year i landed the colts with this method and it saved my ass a once or twice in that first five weeks. they were hot and then settled down a bit. not many people were expecting this, i was one of them and i did it with a 2nd to last round pick and a small ammount of research time put into the method.

any other ideas out there that have worked for you guys?

are you one of those that will spend an early pick like round 6 or 7(sometimes freaks do this sooner) on a defense like chicago or pittsburgh?

every year there is an owner or two that cant resist the defense sitting there. years back it was baltimore and tampa bay(cant remember before that). now its pittsburgh, chicago, cinci, everyone likes the colts now.

i like to make a list of the weakest offenses. i then go through and figure out a strength of schedule for the defenses for the first 5 weeks based on my preseason predictions/research. i then wait until the second or third to last round and grab the best on my list. usually its one of the top on this list because all the "good" defenses are gone. so now i have a defense with a soft schedule for 5 weeks and after the five weeks is done ill make the decision to keep them or ill compile another list to get me through week 10. last year i landed the colts with this method and it saved my ass a once or twice in that first five weeks. they were hot and then settled down a bit. not many people were expecting this, i was one of them and i did it with a 2nd to last round pick and a small ammount of research time put into the method.

any other ideas out there that have worked for you guys?

last two rounds...see who's left.

In my 12 team uaction league with 17 roster spots available, I took Detroit for $1 and cut them in Week 3 to pick up Cincinnati. Cincy was solid up until the last few weeks when they were not getting as many turnovers. Here's a sample of some D's that were highly valued and some other D's that outperformed them from last year:

Balt-$11

NE-$9

Buf-$9

Phil-$6

Chi-$2

Indy-$1

Giants-$1

Cincy-Waiver pickup