Sign in to follow this  
Kellys Heroes

The BPA draftin stragery; the way I stand by.

Yes, Best Player Avaible, the way I draft by.

Heres one point I want to make. WHY (?) would you want to do what everyone else is doing? Why would you want to what in line? Heres what I mean, if its rd 4 and your in the middle or end of an wr run, why would you then take an wr thats not worthy of that pick. Take the RB that was "supposed to be (says who but you know what I mean)" taken some picks ago and stack up. Yea you missed tier 1 and most of teir 2 wrs, but in the next couple of rds stack up on the #2 wrs while the other teams are scamblin for A Green, C Taylor, CMart, and others for their #3 or even #2 rb.

You need to be flexable on draft day and you picks can't be written in stone. 1st pick is usually RB for because those top 10 do get a lot of points. After that I go into this mode I described above.

Thoughts

I agree with you. If you are in a league where most of the guys know what they are doing and understand how fantasy football works, you have to do something a bit different in the draft in order to separate yourself from the pack. Take chances, nothing ventured;nothing gained. last year I drafted the second highest team in the league, but I passed on larry Johnson in the 5th rd to get a starting TE :D because it was a "safe" pick. I won't make that mistake again.

...in the middle or end of an wr run...

Following suit in a well established run is a rookie mistake. It's almost always good sense to look elsewhere.