Sign in to follow this  
Kellys Heroes

Commissioner Question in Yahoo League, When Commissioner approves trades

I've been Commish before, but I got sick of seeing trades get voted down or not getting voted down because some owners didn't get to check. Then when you change it back; it becomes a real mess.

So this year I'm focking w/ the "Commissioner aproves pending Trades" option. But I saw the "Time managers have to protest pending trades" is set to 2 days and was wondering what excatly that does? Does that mean it takes 2 days before the trade goes thru or is that how long I have to make up my mind before Yahoo cancels the deal together? And If I do approve the trade, does it go right thru or do the owners have to wait?

Any input is welcomed, Thank you.

I've been Commish before, but I got sick of seeing trades get voted down or not getting voted down because some owners didn't get to check. Then when you change it back; it becomes a real mess.

So this year I'm focking w/ the "Commissioner aproves pending Trades" option. But I saw the "Time managers have to protest pending trades" is set to 2 days and was wondering what excatly that does? Does that mean it takes 2 days before the trade goes thru or is that how long I have to make up my mind before Yahoo cancels the deal together? And If I do approve the trade, does it go right thru or do the owners have to wait?

Any input is welcomed, Thank you.

it gives non parties to the trade 2 full days to voice their protests to the commish. After 2 days, the trade is processed unless the commish has vetoed it.

It's kind of like "if anyone here objects to the marriage of these two, speak now or forever hold your piece"

it gives non parties to the trade 2 full days to voice their protests to the commish. After 2 days, the trade is processed unless the commish has vetoed it.

It's kind of like "if anyone here objects to the marriage of these two, speak now or forever hold your piece"

So they do have to wait those 2 days, even if I approved it that night? And if I did approve it; can I take it back?

So they do have to wait those 2 days, even if I approved it that night? And if I did approve it; can I take it back?

No. once you click on "allow trade", the trade is final. As a courtesy to your league, I would wait out the 2 days, though. Sometimes it's not possible to check in to your league page to see pending trades, so a 2 day waiting period is most reasonable. (For trades agreed to on Fridays, I allow a 1 day waiting period and then I manually process on Saturday night so that the trade is effective for Sunday.)