Sign in to follow this  
skipton7x

Ever Trade Alexander?

I've had alexander for 3 years as my keeper. I know it seems crazy to even think about this but I'm thinking about trading him. IM in a 12 team 2 player keeper league, alexander and chad johnson are my keepers. I pick 6th in a snake draft and due to an awful panic trade I made last season I don't have a second round pick but two third rounders. Would anyone move alexander for another rb (think steven jackson or somebody of that caliber) and a first round pick? Again just looking for opinions/views. Thanks

I've had alexander for 3 years as my keeper. I know it seems crazy to even think about this but I'm thinking about trading him. IM in a 12 team 2 player keeper league, alexander and chad johnson are my keepers. I pick 6th in a snake draft and due to an awful panic trade I made last season I don't have a second round pick but two third rounders. Would anyone move alexander for another rb (think steven jackson or somebody of that caliber) and a first round pick? Again just looking for opinions/views. Thanks

Well, since it's keep 2, you would essentially be trading Alexander for Jackson and a 3rd round redraft equivalent pick. No way I make that trade.

It depends on what first round pick you would get and what non-kept players are available. However, since it appears that you are in a two keeper league I doubt that there is much available to warrant trading SA for a second tier back and a first round pick.

Very true. The RB's that would be available are not good, IMO, not good from the standpoint of injury risk/not the starter. At 6 the best I could hope for would be having westbrook fall to me (ppr), i would thrilled with this. But after that I'm looking at Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, rb's in that teir. Don't really like any of these guys as a number two rb because of the injury risk.

Very true. The RB's that would be available are not good, IMO, not good from the standpoint of injury risk/not the starter. At 6 the best I could hope for would be having westbrook fall to me (ppr), i would thrilled with this. But after that I'm looking at Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, rb's in that teir. Don't really like any of these guys as a number two rb because of the injury risk.

I think you have answered your own question. There would be no sense in trading a top 3 back for anyone that you mentioned plus the equivalent of a non keeper 3rd player.

Alexander and D-Jax were traded away for LT2 in my Dynasty league about 2 years ago. Then Alexander proceeded to outscore LT2 in the following two years.

I don't think I would do the deal you're talking about. Maybe Portis and a 2nd round pick for Alexander.

Trade him for Jackson and picks if you can. Alexander is a stud but is also getting older. I would trade him while he still has value.

Alexander was traded for Reggie Bush in my Dynasty league. I can see the logic, it was done prior to the draft so he still had a chance to go to the Texans, and Alexander has taken a beating and had a lot of carries over the past 4 years. I personally would not have done it, Bush has a lot to prove before he is close to being Alexander. I like the proven back over the question mark any day.

Alexander was traded for Reggie Bush in my Dynasty league. I can see the logic, it was done prior to the draft so he still had a chance to go to the Texans, and Alexander has taken a beating and had a lot of carries over the past 4 years. I personally would not have done it, Bush has a lot to prove before he is close to being Alexander. I like the proven back over the question mark any day.

why have a draft before the nfl draft?

Trade him for Jackson and picks if you can. Alexander is a stud but is also getting older. I would trade him while he still has value.

I agree. I think the Bush for Alexander trade in a dynasty league isn't so bad. Who knows, maybe the guy's a genius and Bush will be all that he's expected to be.