Sign in to follow this  
spottedowl

Has anyone seen this documentary?

Using the 1992 presidential election as his springboard, documentary filmmaker Brian Springer captures the behind-the-scenes maneuverings of politicians and newscasters in the early 1990s. Pat Robertson banters about "homos," Al Gore learns how to avoid abortion questions, George Bush talks to Larry King about halcyon -- all presuming they're off camera. Composed of 100% unauthorized satellite footage, Spin is a surreal expose of media-constructed reality.

Spin

It is an hour long and very well done.

Couldnt open it at work but I will definately take a look at it. I just watched farenheit 9/11 for the first time this week. I had avoided watching it for a long time but it was a real eye opener, dont know how much of it was just "spinning" but it was interesting.

Couldnt open it at work but I will definately take a look at it. I just watched farenheit 9/11 for the first time this week. I had avoided watching it for a long time but it was a real eye opener, dont know how much of it was just "spinning" but it was interesting.

I haven't seen the Moore flick. What I found interesting was the bias of the media to coach their candidate. This documentary is an fascinating look at the dynamics of a Presidential race and how they manipulate the candidates regarding what we see and hear. :doublethumbsup:

I haven't seen the Moore flick. What I found interesting was the bias of the media to coach their candidate. This documentary is an fascinating look at the dynamics of a Presidential race and how they manipulate the candidates regarding what we see and hear. :doublethumbsup:

I hate politics because I dont think the President himself does anything. He is the figure head. I dont think he pees without someone telling him where to do it. I think all decisions are made behind the scenes by his "advisors" and he really does nothing but go out and give speeches.