Sign in to follow this  
CrazyStanley

Dynasty League rookie Draft, what do you expect or what have you seen.

(Remember this is a 24 player Dynasty league)

Regardless of the Fantasy team drafting, how do you all expect the Dynasty league rookie drafts to go, this is my guess.

Standard Scoring and we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def and 2 Flex (WR or RB) (so RBs are a valuable comodity.)

We have not had our Rookie draft yet, i have picks 1.4 (got in a trade) and 1.9 (my pick)

i assume the rookie draft will look like this:

1 Bush

2 Williams/Maroney /Addai

3 Maroney/Addai

4 Addai/Maroney

5 White

6 V Davis (this pick is up in the air due to the guy not needing TE, plus you never know with him)

7 Young

8 Leinart

9 ******* not sure at all what to do with this pick, i really think there are 8 good players in this draft, options seems to beC Jackson, Holmes (who i like but doing like the offield stuff) Cutler, one of the 3 other TEs Klopestein, Pope Lewis (i have Gonzo) and not sure what else, i have thought about trading the pick but our league we get 22 veteran players and 2 rookies. If we choose to have no rookies we only have a roster of 22 so you might as well have 2 rookies i just dont know what to do/expect to do.

thanks

(Remember this is a 24 player Dynasty league)

Regardless of the Fantasy team drafting, how do you all expect the Dynasty league rookie drafts to go, this is my guess.

Standard Scoring and we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def and 2 Flex (WR or RB) (so RBs are a valuable comodity.)

We have not had our Rookie draft yet, i have picks 1.4 (got in a trade) and 1.9 (my pick)

i assume the rookie draft will look like this:

1 Bush

2 Williams/Maroney /Addai

3 Maroney/Addai

4 Addai/Maroney

5 White

6 V Davis (this pick is up in the air due to the guy not needing TE, plus you never know with him)

7 Young

8 Leinart

9 ******* not sure at all what to do with this pick, i really think there are 8 good players in this draft, options seems to beC Jackson, Holmes (who i like but doing like the offield stuff) Cutler, one of the 3 other TEs Klopestein, Pope Lewis (i have Gonzo) and not sure what else, i have thought about trading the pick but our league we get 22 veteran players and 2 rookies. If we choose to have no rookies we only have a roster of 22 so you might as well have 2 rookies i just dont know what to do/expect to do.

thanks

After Bush, Cutler is the best prospect in FF; grab him and wait a while until he pays off for you

Come on, there must be others out their with results from their Rookie Drafts or thoughts on what to do here, more people will be in this spot as the summer moves on, lets see what to do from 9-15 or so

I would go Leinert at #5 before White, Young Davis or Cutler....If he takes the job in 07 he has Fitz and Quan to throw to and could easily be a top 10 QB with only a bit of luck

Don't lose total sight of Brian Calhoun. He was a strong runner at Wisconsin and if KJ fails to impress again, I think you'd see him take the job before Bryson. He might be a bit of stretch at pick 9, but he'll be the best RB left.

There is a search button on the bottom left hand of the screen. Search for rookie draft and you will find many hits and links to rookie drafts that have been completed

I think at 9th, Cutler would be your best bet, unless any of the others fall to you somehow, which could be possible if someone in your league wants a WR bad enough and makes a stretch pick for Jackson of Holmes in front of you.

Also, for other RBs that will be available, I kind of like what I've heard about Jerious Norwood, although 9 may be a bit too early for him. Dunn may not have much left in the tank and they've almost given up on TJ Duckett. That could be a great situation for Norwood within a few years, especially with how strong of a running team Atlanta is.

Finally, check out Footballguys.com. This is a dynasty league rookie draft cheatsheet with composite rankings that they update regularly. Could be helpful. They've got Cutler at #9 too, for what it's worth.

Here's my dynasty draft shook out:

ROUND 1

1 Bush, Reggie

2 Maroney, Laurence

3 Addai, Joseph

4 White, Lendale

5 Williams, Deangelo

6 Leinart, Matt

7 Young, Vince

8 Cutler, Jay

9 Davis, Vernon

10 Jackson, Chad

11 Holmes, Santonio

12 Drew, Maurice

ROUND 2

13 Moss, Sinorice

14 Norwood, Jerious

15 Calhoun, Brian

16 Stoval, Maurice

17 Hagan, Derek

18 Lewis, Marcedes

19 Wilson, Travis

20 Pope, Leonard

21 Washington, Leon

22 Daniel, PJ Jr

23 Klopfenstein, Joe

24 Jennings, Greg

ROUND 3

25 Clemens, Kellen

26 Fasano, Anthony

27 Harrison, Jerome

28 Jackson, Tarvaris

29 Scheffler, Tony

30 Williams, Brandon

31 Smith, Brad

32 Avant, Jason

33 Hester, Devin

34 Williams, Demetrius

35 Croyle, Brodie

36 Moore, Dontrelle

In your position, I'd grab one of the top 5 RB's with your #4 and at #9 hope Chad Jackson or Cutler falls to you. I like Cutler first then Jackson.