Sign in to follow this  
scrotch

Why is everyone so high on Ben Watson this year?

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just wondering why everyone is sleeping so much on him, I know he's a decent red zone target, and Givens is now gone, but Givens was never much of a red zone threat (in the season) anyways. Do you believe he'll be a top tier TE? Are there any non-believers?

All signs point to him going for a monser year. He was really adapting to the system towards the end of last year and reports say that he was Bradys favorite target at their recent minicamp

I think there's good reason to be excited about him this season. He now has 2 years of experience, he has a lot of talent, and NE has always had a fondness for using their TEs under Belichick's regime. Watson is definitely the most talented pass catcher they've ever had, and with Givens gone I could see him emerging as Brady's 2nd favorite option behind Branch.

No Fauria, no Givens, older Troy Brown, unproven WR depth, Graham's blocking ability and Watsons pure athletic ability and speed.

That's why.

Also, he's shown Gates-like flashes of ability. He ran down Champ Bailey on that 100 yard int return last season, and has shown astounding open field running ability, making defenders look foolish on more than one occasion. He'll be on my team this year-even if I have to take him in the 6th.

Also, he's shown Gates-like flashes of ability. He ran down Champ Bailey on that 100 yard int return last season, and has shown astounding open field running ability, making defenders look foolish on more than one occasion. He'll be on my team this year-even if I have to take him in the 6th.

probably the play of the century right there....still cant believe that happened.....bet champ was in shock

in case anyone needs a refresher

That's great! thanks for posting it. Mr. Bailey should be thankful for Watson's use of his hands and not his helmet in his bid to knock him out of bounds. Dude's a great football player.

In TE required league, like the 3 I play in, he`ll be easily one of the top 5 taken. He`s got very good hands, 3`rd year in the system, Brady looks his way often, Belichk is getting more confident, and the Pats will be putting a lot of pts on the board. My 2 cents, 65 catches 800 yds. 7-9 scores. Maybe a little high but with the talent this kids got, maybe a tad low!!

There has been lots of preseason talk of watson's breakout season, and we have quite a few Homers who have added their sentiments. he still looks to be a very good value in the darft as he is falling after the big three, Heap, Witten, Crumpler, and Cooley, putting him in round 9-10 range. A guy can stock quite a team in the first 8 rounds, then grab watson, and hope all this hype materializes.

Everyone seems to be dead on balls accurate about Big Ben on this thread...... The Guy is niiiiiice... :huh: