Sign in to follow this  
Nichee

Drew Bledsoe and the TO factor

Bledsoe passed for 3,639 yards and 23 touchdowns last year, helping out a few fantasy teams that lacked production in the QB spot.

Jeff Garcia always put up good numbers with TO and McNabb had a career year in 2004 and was on his way to matching it in 2005 when it all went sour.

So, I broke down the QB stats of Garcia and McNabb in every game that they played in that TO also played in. If either didn't play, I threw the stats out. If either played a little and had to leave, those stats stayed in.

The resulting average since 2000 for a QB with TO on the field per game is:

1,8 touchdown passes

.2 touchdown rushes

237 passing yards

That translates for a season to:

28.9 touchdown passes

4.4 rushing touchdowns

3,802 passing yards.

The big board on Yahoo ranks Bledsoe as the No. 11 QB.

SportsLine has him ranked No. 8.

According to ADP at Antsports, he's No. 10.

Where do you rank him?

Worse case... what he did last year which wasn't all that bad.

3600 yards 21 TD's 17 INTS.

While your focusing TO's stats, you also need to account for Bledsoe and the rest of the offense. TO was the primary O production from the niners and philly (even with westbrook playing). McNabb has a great season with TO there until TO got hurt.. but he was pretty productive without him too... TO pushed him over the top FF wise, but he was close to 2nd or 3rd QB without him.

Last year Dallas got great production from Glenn/Me-Shawn....

I think TO will increase the production, but not a straight line. You start with last year, subtract at least half of Glenns production, then add in TO's.

The net effect is basically 800 or so additional yards and 5 or 6 TD's.

That gets Bledsoe into the 4000-4200 range with 26 +/- TD's and right about the same INT's.

Where does that rank him?? Top 10, pushing into the 5-10 spots.

If they establish a solid running game, that could hurt his numbers a bit too...

I figure he will come in around 3900-4000 yards and 25 TDs with 15-18 INTs......

Always keep in mind that while TO is a force and proven FF WR, Parcells is a balance O coach. If this was Philly or KC or Indy etc.. I would think that 4400 yards and 30+ TD's would be possible. That said, while the numbers may not improve THAT much, the distance on the TD's could very likely increase since TO has a habit of breaking long ones. That bodes well for Bledsoe in leagues that score TD yardage....