Sign in to follow this  
T-Bird1

NON Decimal scoring

I know this may be 'out of the Ark' but our league works in whole numbers only !!

Can the compiler be set not to work in decimals ??

I know we are not talking major differences in rankings etc but it's a minor annoyance really !!

Thanks

I don't think there will be any difference in rankings. Or... shall I say, you wouldn't want there to be any difference in rankings.

Say your league scores 1 point per 50 yards (no decimals) and we have Player A projected with 51 yards and Player B projected with 99 yards.

Same FF points, right? But who do you want to select first? Even though we know there is a margin of error for all players, the assumption is Player B is more likely to outproduce Player A, and he is the better pick. If we didn't use decimals, then the rankings may very well put Player A above Player B.

Now, if you really don't like the decimals being used on the cheatsheets, that is simply a matter of formatting. Highlight the cells, choose Format > Cells > Number and change decimal places to 0. Although... I think that might change back each time you run Compile Cheatsheets. I can't remember. No, that might be the ADP column because that is where the auction values go if it is an auction.

One benefit to removing the decimals is you could probably reduce the width of those columns which will make the print of the whole cheathsheet a little bigger when you print it out.

I don't think there will be any difference in rankings. Or... shall I say, you wouldn't want there to be any difference in rankings.

Say your league scores 1 point per 50 yards (no decimals) and we have Player A projected with 51 yards and Player B projected with 99 yards.

Same FF points, right? But who do you want to select first? Even though we know there is a margin of error for all players, the assumption is Player B is more likely to outproduce Player A, and he is the better pick. If we didn't use decimals, then the rankings may very well put Player A above Player B.

Good point that Mike, hadn't looked at that angle. Guess I'll leave things as they are :doublethumbsup: