Sign in to follow this  
buccs69

Money League Draft

I have #7 pick in a 12 team redraft money league and I have been offered the #1 overall spot. It is a straight swapping of positions for the entire draft.

Am I crazy for having doubts? I mean if the #1 spot is so great why would the guy want to move down (he is not getting any extra draft picks)?

At #7 I will get someone like Edge or R.Brown in the 1st and TO or Chad in the 2nd. After that I could land Chester Taylor and Warrick Dunn in the 3rd and 4th. That would give me a solid bonus.

Should I take the chance to land one of the big three or not?

I have #7 pick in a 12 team redraft money league and I have been offered the #1 overall spot. It is a straight swapping of positions for the entire draft.

Am I crazy for having doubts? I mean if the #1 spot is so great why would the guy want to move down (he is not getting any extra draft picks)?

At #7 I will get someone like Edge or R.Brown in the 1st and TO or Chad in the 2nd. After that I could land Chester Taylor and Warrick Dunn in the 3rd and 4th. That would give me a solid bonus.

Should I take the chance to land one of the big three or not?

Do you know who want at #1? If so, don't think and hope he doesn't change his mind. Worst case, you make the move and trade back down a bit and pick up more picks.

I have no set preference between LT, LJ and Shaun ... I had no reason to think about that yet.

Trading down for extra draft picks is not possible in the format of the league. So I have to choose between #1 and #7 for the entire (serpentine) draft.

The added bonus of getting one of the big three is not the only reason to do this. I actually like the options available at the end of the second and beginning of the third. It gives you a chance to build depth at some other positions. You could be looking at (according to Antsports ADP) players like Harrison, Boldin, Moss, Julius Jones, KJ, Gates, FWP. And at that point with any of the big three your 2nd RB is not as big a concern. I guess more than anything it depends on whether you have a PPR league, because if you do these WR are just as valuable as a second running back.

If you were to follow antsports to a tee you are looking at choosing between:

1) LJ, Julius Jones, Anquan Boldin

vs.

2) Edge, CJ, Reuben Droughns

Which team would you rather start with... The way I see it CJ and Anquan are a push and LJ>Edge and JJ>Reuben. I think that that gives you a better starting position. Just my 2 cents.

It is not a PPR-league.

The more I think about it ... the more I feel like doing it.

Anyone want to make an argument against doing it

:lol:

Make this trade. I just made a trade like this. I traded the 1st overall for the 3rd overall no extra picks. But the guy I'm trading will pick Alexander(seahawks fan) the 2nd pick guy will pick LT(chargers fan) and that leaves me with LJ :thumbsdown: