Sign in to follow this  
delusional247

Keeper league help

Posted this before but recieved no help.

How do you go about doing trades for picks in a keeper setting?

How long before the draft do you retain your whole team from last year ( before its just your keepers )

I am asking this because of a trade situation.

I was offered CJ for a 3rd round pick. CJ is already tagged a 3rd round pick. So If i traded my 3rd round pick away, i wouldn't be able to keep him...get my point?

it would make no sense either way IMO

if he spends the 3d to keep CJ and then trades him to you then he is out a player.... it would make more sense to keep someone else and throw CJ back into the mix and hope that he can re-draft him

not only that but you'd be getting an extra keeper, you cant pay the retention cost twice for a player.....

if you trade him your 3rd the nyou couldn't keep him based on his designation as you wouldn't have the 3rd rounder to give up for him unless you make another trade to secure one

we just switched to a keeper this year and the way it will be done is your whole roster is kept until draft day when keepers are announced

well each keeper league is different. In our league rosters remain completely in tact from the end of the season until training camp. Any trades can be made during that time. We set a date each year usually around Aug 1st when all training camps have opened. At that time teams may declare up to 3 potential keepers (eventually will have to pick only 2), they can also tag an additional player on Aug 1st as "on the block" so they can be traded but not kept. Then the day before the draft each team locks in their two keepers, and the remainder of the rosters are cleared.

With your situation, we make the person give up a pick a round higher then if they had the pick to use.

HTH

Posted this before but recieved no help.

How do you go about doing trades for picks in a keeper setting?

How long before the draft do you retain your whole team from last year ( before its just your keepers )

I am asking this because of a trade situation.

I was offered CJ for a 3rd round pick. CJ is already tagged a 3rd round pick. So If i traded my 3rd round pick away, i wouldn't be able to keep him...get my point?

Your post is confusing... you don't have rules, so that makes it hard... every league is different...

And you give no info on any of your rules... so no one is going to be able to help you....

thats the thing, this is our 1st off season in a keeper league.

a guy came up tryign to trade CJ ( who is a 3rd rounder ) and he wanted a 3rd rounder for him.

I thought about it then realized if i trade my 3rd rounder for CJ, then i couldnt keep CJ because he is a 3rd round pick.

Our rosters are still in tact* from last season. We were doing a vote on when keepers had to be announced ( week before the draft or 15 minutes before it ), as of right now its a week before the draft judging by the poll results.

We can only keep 3 players and whatever round they were drafted in last season, is the round they are tagged.

The guy trying to give up CJ wants to trade him because his 3 keepers would be SA ( 1st ) LJ ( 6th ) and Boldin ( 8th ).

So obiviously he wants to move CJ for a high draft pick but it isn't going to happen, no one is going to give him that type of squad even though an idiot last year made a trade with him to give him LJ for next to nothing.