Sign in to follow this  
esoitl

an interesting format, question about QBs

while im not crazy about the drafting format this is league with some guys at work

14 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

SET ROSTERS, NO WW....

3 QBs

5 RBs

6 WRs

2 TEs

i am fine and dandy with all the other positions but QB has me in thought

we draft by position, not overall so there are 4 separate drafts, each with a different order

this is a fairly decent money league as well, 5$ each per week so the total pot is 1000$, not totally sure on distribution

outside of the top 4(not sure where i pick) the 3rd QB spot really gives some trouble

while it isn't likely to be used that much, since there is no WW i would like someone with a decent shot at actually playing

some of the names i've come up with

Clemens/Ramsey.... good chance to outseat Pennington who hasn;t had great durability of late

Harrington, maybe only for the first few weeks though

Greise, Grossmans injury concerns

Leinart, same for Warner

Losman/Holcomb, possible carousel

any other names to add and which do you think is the best prospects of those?

we draft fairly soon so i have to go on some hunches here....

leave a link

Thanks for the post.

I would have to think that Leinart, if he gets to camp soon, would be the be a good choice. I think Warner will be on a short leash this year, and thats a good thing for Matt.

Even though Leinart has a great offense around him, he will still make alot of rookie mistakes when he finally does get in there. He obviously has the biggest upside though since he could pretty much just throw it down field and Boldin or Fitz will most likely come down with it.

Griese could be a good option though. Chicago's defense will keep them in games and I think Griese could be a good fit for that type of team.

Holcomb knows how to play on a horrible team as he showed us when he played for Cleveland. He has the best chance to be the starter there in my opinion.

I would rank them like this:

Holcomb

Griese

Leinart

Guys you can almost count on to miss some games either from injury or replaced at some point:

Warner

Bulger

Leftwich

Pennington

Grossman

Losman (assuming he gets the nod in the first place)

Volek

Griese and Lienert look like the surest bets to count on but the Holcomb / Losman thing can go the other way with Holcomb taking the job. In that situation Vince Young may prove more reliable to at least take the field than Losman and Frerotte in for Bulger isn't a bad option either.