Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Top pick in league.....

the all important swing picks at the end of rd 2 beginning of rd 3. I think these picks really make or break your season.... its an 8 team league but i still see my pick at RB at the end of rd 2 being Westbrook Mcgahee and Julius Jones with an outside shot at Rudi johnson or Caddy. If one of them are there i know who im goin to take but if its up to Westy or Willis or JJ i am thinking 3 options

1. RB / WR and then going WR/WR on the next turn. (can have decent backup RB's late i feel)

2. RB/RB grabbing them both and being done with RB for a while. Probably filling WR and TE in the next 4 rds with the likes of Roy Williams Reggie Wayne TJ Housh at WR

3. WR/WR particularly i am thinking Holt and Fitzgerald. i think this might be too good to pass up if i can land both these WR's in a PPR league. i would then be thin at RB and would be looking at guys like Dillon or Bush or Jamal Lewis at the 4/5 swing. I guess i would then look at taking 2 backs at the 4/5 swing maybe

lets give some hypethetical rosters for each option to help with the feedback

roster 1. LJ, Westbrook, Holt, Wayne, RoyWilliams

roster 2. LJ, Willis, Westbrook, Wayne, RoyWilliams

roster 3. LJ, Holt, Fitzgerald, Dillon, Kevin Jones

any thought guys on how you would do the 2/3 swing?

I like option one...you get 2 solid backs in a RBBC dominant year plus you have a top WR and Roy is SUPPOSED to have a good year.

Next would be three with LJ and 2 top WR's

I am in a similar situation....8 team redraft, PPR league with the 3rd pick overall. 1st round will be whichever of the big 3 are left, round 2 I figure to go RB2 with a Westbrook, Rudi or MAYBE Jordan (alot in my league do not go with RB2 in the second, so a good teir 2 back could/should be around still at 2.14) then round 3 would be WR or maybe Gates if he is still there. We get pionts for return yards/TD's so WR/kick returner become bigger in our league. Last year Hall and Welker came in 2nd & 13th in total pionts for WR's last year...who I will target in rounds to come. So if Gates is there it would be hard to pass on him in the 3rd.

i am leaning toward scenerio 1 but i really want Westy to be that RB2... at this point i have no real preference of LJ vs LT. do you think it might be smart to trade my rd 1 and 2 picks just to move up 1 spot in rd 2?

Yeah I like Westbrook as well, esp. over Willis (bad line,bad offense)

As far as a trade would you get #2 instead and move up from #16 to 15th? If that is the case and you are indifferent to LJ or LT (I like LT personally, he runs, catches AND throws...well rounded if Rivers struggles) then YES make the move, you get a better chance (obviously) to get your Westy, or another back that falls to you. You would stay at 3.1 right, and hopefully get your top WR still?

Yeah I like Westbrook as well, esp. over Willis (bad line,bad offense)

As far as a trade would you get #2 instead and move up from #16 to 15th? If that is the case and you are indifferent to LJ or LT (I like LT personally, he runs, catches AND throws...well rounded if Rivers struggles) then YES make the move, you get a better chance (obviously) to get your Westy, or another back that falls to you. You would stay at 3.1 right, and hopefully get your top WR still?

yeah thats my thinking but if i trade to 2 it means LT will probably go and i am leaning more towards hm than ever in PPR with inexperience rivers at QB... lots of dumpoff passes? but D cant really key on him because of gates/mccardell.

If this is a PPR league, Westy is too good to pass up there. He will be catching a lot more balls now that T.O. is finally gone. Willis and JJ have more question marks than Westy, and don't have the upside. Westy at 2.8. There is also a lot of depth at WR that should be available later in the draft, especially if only 8 teams, not a whole lot of RB without RBBC situations.

yea, right no my gam plan is to stick at 1 and draft LT, Westy, Holt then in rounds 4/5 to pick 2 out of Wayne, Chambers, RoyWilliams, D Jackson, Ward. hopefully 2 will be left. Then in rounds 6/7 to go Heap/Dillon and rounds 7/8 to grab 2 QB's Culpepper/Bledsoe

QB- Culpepper, Bledsoe

RB- Tomlinson, Westbrook, Dillon

WR- Holt, Wayne, RoyWilliams

TE- Heap

not bad for an 8 teamer?