Sign in to follow this  
gunnergip

Fast Willie seeing goal-line work

Willie Parker is getting a look in the Steelers' goal-line offense.

Already an excellent RB2 in points-per-reception leagues, Fast Willie would shoot up our FP cheat sheets if he added short-yardage work to his repertoire. Duce Staley and Verron Haynes are the favorites to receive carries near the goal line for now. Aug. 6 - 11:07 am et

From rotoworld

Wow, no replies to this, I think this would get better run.

Fanball.com

THE NEWS

Willie Parker got some opportunities during goal line drills on Saturday as he threw his hat into the ring with Verron Haynes and Duce Staley as they battle for short yardage duties. According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Parker asked coaches to leave him in during red zone drills, where he gained three yards on two carries without scoring. "He did such a good job for us last year and he's really shown, especially in this camp, that he's a strong inside runner," offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt told the Post-Gazette.

Our View

Parker was a star in goal line drills each of the last two years in training camp, then spent last season as the featured back between the 20s before giving way to Jerome Bettis at the stripe. It's been widely assumed either Haynes or Staley would win the goal line job this preseason, but it now appears Parker is at least being considered as an every-down player.

Word is he is having a very good camp. I still don't know if Willie will get the tds but if you play in ppr leagues I think Wille might come close to being a 1800 total yard rb.

Word is he is having a very good camp. I still don't know if Willie will get the tds but if you play in ppr leagues I think Wille might come close to being a 1800 total yard rb.

Agreed.

I don't care if he doesn't get all the GL carries, but if they can get him 7-8 TD's rushing, 1-2 receiving, the guy could be a fantastic #2 RB that can be had for a reasonable draft selection.

FWP FTW :banana:

Good News if they go through with it.

I have Parker pegged at 1200, 6tds but now a potential of 8 with a solid 40-45 catches.

Good RB2