Sign in to follow this  
Go long

Interesting Draft Dilemma?

You can keep up to 3 guys from last year but not if they have been 1st Round picks. This is not a PPR league and one of the guys is keeping LJ. I have pulled the first pick in the draft and am favoring LT over SA. My question is that my main keeper from last year is Antonio Gates. Should I draft LT and have my two leading scorers on the same team, with the same bye week, or should I go with SA?

Please help

First off, if LT2 and SA are available, according to your league's rules, wouldn't that mean they were NOT 1st round picks in the past? How could that be?

Anyways, if they are available, I wouldn't worry about having both on the same team. They've both been on the same team in the past and both clearly produce, right? With that said, I still like SA better than LT anyways, and if it's a tossup which will be better, perhaps it is a good idea to go SA so you don't have to worry about the bye week doubling up.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I meant to say, all previous first round picks go back into the draft and cannot be kept.

Last year, LJ was a 3rd round pick so the guy is keeping him this year as his 2nd round pick.

Thanks again.

Since it is not a PPR league, I think I would go with Alexander, I think Seattles offense will create more TDs for SA then what SD will get for LT.

I'm bias since I'm a LT fan...but I don't think you can go wrong with either guy. They both have been averaging over 17 TD's for the last 4 years, so it's a toss up. They both have key players in their offense, but I do believe the loss of Hutchinson hurts SA more than LT losing Brees. I remember when Brees was having problems and San Diego decided to draft a QB (Manning) to replace Brees, LT had over 2300 total yards and 17 TD's. I know you stated that this isn't a PPR league, but 100 rec for over 750 yards doesn't hurt a RB's stats either. LT is such a versatile back that even when they stack 8 in the box, he gains yards on the flats.

Bottom line...I would go with LT, but wouldn't argue why you went with SA.

Since it's not a PPR league, I'd be more apt to go with SA. With Rivers in town, the line will be stacked and LT may not get as many rushing yards/tds as he'd like (but he probably will get more receptions than ever)

I really have no other good keepers from last year. I just had one of those nasty years. Jamal Lewis in the first round, I drafted Chad Johnson in the 2nd round but if I keep him, I lose my 1st round pick this year and, like I said, I have the 1st overall pick. Our teams are all very thin at all positions. 14 team league with 3 keepers. That's 42 potential guys off the board before the draft even begins and we draft 16 rounds with no defense. That is why every pick needs to count and some luck is involved.

I just don't know if I want Gates and LT as my two premier players from the same team.

I guess I really can't go wrong with either SA or LT. Just looking for opinions from non homers!