Sign in to follow this  
Leonard Henry -2 Yds

Rate/Critique My Team? Held off on RBs

11th spot in 12 teamer, PPR, all TDs 6, 20yds = 1 pt, 50 yds passing = 1 pt, -3 pts for ints, fumbles.

Start 1 QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, TE, K. Start 4 DL/LBs, 2 DBs, 2 Utility Defenders

(Round #s)

QB: Marc Bulger (4), Duante Culpepper (6)

WR: Terrell Owens (1), Torry Holt (2), Roy Williams (3), Nate Burleson (10), Reggie Williams (24)

RBs: Deshaun Foster (5), Fred Taylor (8), Deuce McAllister (14), Dominic Rhodes (18), Cedric Houston (22)

TE: Kellen Winslow (16), Vernon Davis (19)

K: Josh Brown (25)

DL: Mike Peterson, Takeo Spikes, Lavar Arrington, Will Witherspoon, Larry Foote, Al Wilson, Chad Greenway

DB: Lawyer Millow, Ty Law (21!!!), DeAngelo Hall

My only real mistake in retrospect was taking Culpepper after I had Bulger in the 6th instead of a RB. At that point, Kevin Jones was still around, and all the owners already had 2 RBs so I waited but fell short as he was the first #3 taken. I felt Culpepper would be excellent value/trade bait if he pans out since we're a QB heavy league, but in retrospect I should have drafted Jones instead. My DeAngelo Williams handcuff was stolen 2 picks ahead of me in the 10th. Was Deuce a steal in the 14th?

I couldn't be happier with my WRs, especially nabbing Burleson as a backup in the 10th. Reggie Williams is a trashy flyer pick, he'll be dropped in no time.

I'd appreciate a critique, but I'm mainly just posting this as a sample team if you decide to hold off REAL late on RBs.

I'm trying to unload burleson and upgrade a RB, though essentially i'd like to trade Rhodes to the Addai owner since he has DeAngelo Williams and basically just swap handcuffs.

have you thought about moving one of the qbs while their value is high for a serviceable rb. Or moving one of your stud receivers for a quality rb, not a bad team if you could get one stud back, and possible handcuff for foster.

well, I have every bit of confidence that CMart will not be back this season, but Houston is still pretty trashy regardless. It would be the Marcel Shipp equivalent of 2006.

This team is definately a decent example of how a real draft goes when you hold off on runningbacks. Our league is very QB friendly, and despite many many people holding off on RBs in round 2, there were still bottom of the barrel left in round 6 and beyond. I guess the best value pick ended up being Deuce and I grabbed him--Ahman Green went unbelievably low, like past the 15th round. I saw him there every round and passed, I'd rather have a quality defense.

In a PPR league, your WR can carry you. I won my league last year with garbage at QB (Fitzpatrick or Favre) and RB (Jordan and J.Lewis) but I had a stud WR core (Fitz, Boldin, CJ, Roy Williams and THolt (we had 2 flex positions)) the PPR won the league for me basically.