Sign in to follow this  
bigpoly60

Potential Trade/Request Advice

This is my team. Ridiculous, I know. But I feel I'm at a crossroads. Lots of depth at RB, and aging at WR. I play to win THIS year, but I like to keep an eye on the future. I know the offer is good, but I am worried about Boldin's injury prone history. Not the MaGahee is alot better.

I believe that Boldin is better for the future, because I can trade my older WR's for a little something (age is a HUGE factor in this league when it comes to trading). (Got Harrison for Roy Williams last year. Straight Up. Great trade for other team, needed to totally rebuild.) Back to the point, I am concerned because, other than Alexander, the other RB's have question marks. I have posted about my admiration of Taylor, but he is still unproven. Lewis SHOULD be fine, but you never know (reference crank report on work loads)(Ignore the Alexander relation). MaGahee was good despite defenses putting 8 in the box, but the offense is terrible. He was inconsistent. By making the trade, I get younger at WR and all I have to hope for is that Lewis, Taylor, Norwood, or Maroney can take over the reigns.

Should I make this trade? Is this a no-brainer? Or am I right to have hesitation?

QB E. Manning

WR T. Holt

WR M. Harrison

WR R. Moss

RB S. Alexander

RB W. McGahee

TE T. Heap

BN B. Watson

BN Ro. Smith

BN J. Lewis

BN C. Fason

BN C. Taylor

BN M. Morris

BN A. Peterson

BN A. Toomer

BN T. Green

BN L. Maroney

BN J. Norwood

BN D. Williams

Just pulled this off Yahoo and wanted to show why I can't make up my mind.

As for the comeback RBs you mentioned, there are such a large number of terrific mid-round backfield values this season that I would be inclined to pass on a McGahee or Lewis for Gates. If either of those guys finishes in the running back Top-15, I will run around the streets of Baltimore and Buffalo in January with nothing more than a Speedo.

Why?

For McGahee, his 3.8 YPC average last season was the sixth-worst mark among all starting backs. During the offseason, the Bills failed to address their offensive line issues and have a three-headed quarterback monster that will force many Buffalo fans over Niagara Falls by year's end.

Meanwhile, for Lewis, he is expected to split about one-third of the workload with former Broncos RB Mike Anderson. Already banged up with a left hip flexor and given Anderson's nose for the end-zone, Lewis is far from a trustworthy No. 2 back. When a team signs a running back five years older than you, it is never a sign of confidence.