Sign in to follow this  
GDogg

Buddy Question

Mike, this was an issue for me last year with the Buddy and I was wondering what the best way to attack it was.

Sometime in the 10th round or so last season, one of the owners selected Zack Hilton (TE from NO). Problem was that Hilton wasn't listed in the Buddy because he wasn't ranked high enough for my cheatsheets to consider drafting him. So, I typed his name in and moved on.

As I recall it, the players I imputed after typing in Hilton didn't show up on the overall draft board (Each team listed out with players picked by round and position in the Buddy).

It's obviously not a major issue, but it did make it a little difficult to plan ahead for what each owner might pick. It did, however, pull the guys off my overall sheet as well as the individual position cheat sheet.

Is there a way to combat this if it occurs again this season or is this just my own problem I'll have to deal with when owners in my league pick players I have never heard of?

Thanks in advance.

Although we just added Mike Bell last night (and he will come through with the update), I'd be surprised there are that many players not included in Buddy.

Something you may be overlooking is that the default player drop-down on the draft input tab is by rankings. So, if a player is ranked he is in the list. If not, he's not in that list. However, if you switch the "Select Players:" option at the top of the tab to Alphabetical, you'll get a much longer list of players. Basically, every player included in our depth charts are included in the Compiler/Buddy. You can also switch back and forth between Rankings and Alphabetical as you are doing the draft.

You can type in the name, but it will only look it up and reference it elsewhere properly, I believe, if it is spelled exactly the same as Buddy expects it to be. It can't find it or know it is the same player otherwise.

Who are the 9 players G3?

We had Devin Hester selected in our draft, couldnt find him, could be my spelling though !!

We had Devin Hester selected in our draft, couldnt find him, could be my spelling though !!

What position is he? WR for... Ravens? (I didn't look that up. It sounds familiar and I'm taking a stab at it.)

Although we just added Mike Bell last night (and he will come through with the update), I'd be surprised there are that many players not included in Buddy.

Something you may be overlooking is that the default player drop-down on the draft input tab is by rankings. So, if a player is ranked he is in the list. If not, he's not in that list. However, if you switch the "Select Players:" option at the top of the tab to Alphabetical, you'll get a much longer list of players. Basically, every player included in our depth charts are included in the Compiler/Buddy. You can also switch back and forth between Rankings and Alphabetical as you are doing the draft.

You can type in the name, but it will only look it up and reference it elsewhere properly, I believe, if it is spelled exactly the same as Buddy expects it to be. It can't find it or know it is the same player otherwise.

Who are the 9 players G3?

Great! I still have two weeks until my draft, so I haven't really gone through everything, but Hilton was not listed last year at the time of our draft.

I'll just switch to alphabetical (it's still listed by position, though, right?) to get the longer list. But, for the sake of argument, if one the guys in my league selects someone not listed in Compiler/Buddy, what do I do to make sure that the selections made thereafter make it onto the team listings (teams listed by team/round and broken down by position)?

Thanks again, Mike!

Yes, alphabetical is still by position.

Well, what you could do as a quick fix is open up Sheet1... Format > Sheet > Unhide ... select Sheet1.

Scroll across the various non-highlighted columns (I stress, do not edit the cells with formulas). There is one section for each position and they go in order QB, RB, WR, etc.

Find the position you need to add a player, find a player who really will NOT get drafted, and overwrite with the name you want, team and other info (it isn't much).

Now if you input that player's name on the draft input tab it should all work.

What position is he? WR for... Ravens? (I didn't look that up. It sounds familiar and I'm taking a stab at it.)

OOPS :first: - me thinks one of our guys 'messed' up - he's listed as Cornerback, Chicago. We don't do IDP he thought he was WR :doh: . Might explain him being missing !!!

OOPS :wall: - me thinks one of our guys 'messed' up - he's listed as Cornerback, Chicago. We don't do IDP he thought he was WR :lol: . Might explain him being missing !!!

Funny I didn't find him in Buddy then. We do have him on the Chicago depth chart, here:

http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/depth.php?TeamI...9&order_by=

Tony (IDP guy) is very thorough.

Just a quick note Mike. You forgot the ® on Mike Bell.

bump. <Mike's ignoring me> :cry:

:D

LOL. Sorry man. I wrote it down. I'm going to add the rookie symbol to Bell on the next update, and also add that Philly WR. Anyone else?

Just a quick note Mike. You forgot the ® on Mike Bell.

Updated! Hank Baskett and Michael Koenen also added to the Compiler. Projections, if warranted, will be included in the regular update on Thursday.

Now what the heck time is it...? :shocking: