Sign in to follow this  
scherber830

My Case for Reggie Bush

OKay. So I understand the hesitation to automatically annoint Reggie Bush as the NFL's version of Jordan. But for those of you who naysay him and say he is going to be a huge disappointment as a 2nd or 3rd round pick...Are the other options really that much safer/better?

JLewis - looked tired and slow last year. Can a better offeseason make the difference? Mike Anderson was great last year, will he be religated to just being the backup? Is he anywhere near that JLewis we saw when he rushed for over 2K?

D. Foster - He'll probably get hurt. DeAngelo sniping a few carries? Goalline?

Denver RBs - Good luck.

C. Dillon - Age. Declining production at least yardage-wise and ypc. L. Moroney, the Gopher, taking carries?

W. Dunn - I hate on him every year and he always proves me wrong...but this is def. the year he sucks. :cheers:

Anyways, you get the picture. So basically what I'm sayin is why not Bush instead of one of these guys? It's not like you are taking his upside over some "sure things" at RB in these rounds. Bush has questions and some risk about him, but so do a lot of the other guys outside the top 10.

Willis McGahee and Julius Jones are safer picks, since both have secured the starting job and are basically a lock for getting 25 touches a game.

I might agree on Willis, but I'm afraid JJones will share with Barber even more this year. I believe I've read that somewhere in fanball.com.

Guest Black Label Society
Willis McGahee and Julius Jones are safer picks, since both have secured the starting job and are basically a lock for getting 25 touches a game.

No way do i take either one of those guys over Bush.

Jamal.....absolutely, but not mcgahee or JJ. Bush will have every opportunity to be a full time RB.

He's (IMO) going to be a STUD.

I wouldn't take bush as anything more than my #3 back in a league where you can only start two. I do believe he has a chance to be a great rb but i'd hate to rely on a "backup" as one of my starters...Sure one week he may break a 70yd td and get 120 total yds on 15 or so touches and a td or 2 if you're lucky, but then the next week he could get his 15 touches and get 40 yds with no tds. I guess i'm just a little pessimistic like that lol

I wouldn't take bush as anything more than my #3 back in a league where you can only start two. I do believe he has a chance to be a great rb but i'd hate to rely on a "backup" as one of my starters...Sure one week he may break a 70yd td and get 120 total yds on 15 or so touches and a td or 2 if you're lucky, but then the next week he could get his 15 touches and get 40 yds with no tds. I guess i'm just a little pessimistic like that lol

Agreed. Bush won't be any better than RBBC with a few big games.

JLewis, Dillon, and McGahee will all be featured backs. JJ and Dunn should get the bulk of carries on much better offenses (as well as Foster when he plays). Bush split carries evenly with Deuce, at best, and Deuce will get the goal-line work.

Any one of those other backs will be more consistent and give you better weekly numbers.

With that said, Bush obviously has more value in keeper/dynasty formats.

No way do i take either one of those guys over Bush.

Jamal.....absolutely, but not mcgahee or JJ. Bush will have every opportunity to be a full time RB.

He's (IMO) going to be a STUD.

No way do I take either one of those guys...............PERIOD.

Unless Deuce McCalister is hurting again, I don't see anyone should pick up Bush any earlier than 3rd round. If your league have a flex position, then I would justify a pick for Bush.

If you think Julius Jones is going to touch the ball 25 times a games, you`re going to be in for a big surprise! :clap:

If you think Julius Jones is going to touch the ball 25 times a games, you`re going to be in for a big surprise! :unsure:

if u follow the bills willis will get nocarrys in the second half.they are the worst team in the league.jj is a full rbbc also.

I WILL take him before KJ, JJ, and WMcGahee.......for sure JLew

1st overall, take SA.....and RBush will be great along side of him!