Sign in to follow this  
RS79

Guys with Picks #1-3

Who are you taking in rounds 2 and 3?

I am very interested in what you guys have taken in these slots, probably around pick 20 or so.

Haven't drafted yet, but I'm targeting guys like M. Harrison, R. Moss, possibly A. Boldin. and RBs like J. Jones, J. Lewis, W. Parker, R. Bush.

I'd also like to know what guys people have gotten.

I had the #1 pick (picked Alexander) in a 10 team league and was more than fortunate enough to land Ronnie Brown at the end of the 2nd round (who I had ranked 7th overall). But, I think I'm playing with retards, so I wouldn't expect that elsewhere. I too would probably look for one of the top WR's and running backs like Dunn, J Jones, FWP, K Jones, maybe J Lewis.

I have the 3rd pick in a 10 team redraft league this weekend. I'm praying Holt somehow falls to me in the 2nd, but if he doesn't I wouldn't mind Chad Johnson either. I think I'll grab my RB2 in the third, and I'm looking at Chester Taylor there for now, but even he's not overly appealing. I might just grab 2 WRs and hope Jamal Lewis falls to me in the 4th.

I have pick #2 (10 teamer- snake draft) and am planning on LJ or Alexander and then a good WR (8 point rcv td's, 6 rushing), then a runningback...I think.

#2 of 10

LJ -> Brown -> Moss :cheers: ->Roy Williams

i wouldnt have minded grabbing Roy 3rd but Moss was still hanging around an fit in according to my draft board

wish i had of now and passed on Moss seeing Brooks stink up the joint

#2 of 10

SA -> Boldin -> Gates -> Driver

passed on Holt and Moss for Boldin(both went the nextpicks) and Chambers followed my Gates

Harrison was still on board and Fitz went the pick before Boldin

Drafting 3rd in a 10 teamer also. I'm toying with the idea of going going WR/WR in the 2nd and 3rd. There doesn't figure to be very good value at the RB postion at that point. We'll see what happens, but I'm thinking one of the big 3 along with 2 of the "elite 8" WRs would be nice. Then I'll probably have to stockpile a few RBs and hope one or 2 of them pan out.

I am drafting 3rd in a 12 team and looking to get R. Moss, possibly A. Boldin in the 2nd and C. Taylor in the 3rd.

Drafting 3rd in a 10 teamer also. I'm toying with the idea of going going WR/WR in the 2nd and 3rd. There doesn't figure to be very good value at the RB postion at that point. We'll see what happens, but I'm thinking one of the big 3 along with 2 of the "elite 8" WRs would be nice. Then I'll probably have to stockpile a few RBs and hope one or 2 of them pan out.

Same plan here. I have the #1 pick (Alexander). My league is very heavy on RB, so I'm expecting the 2nd tier guys to be gone by the time 2.10 and 3.1 come around. If I'm able to grab 2 good WRs with those picks, I'll spend 4.10 and 5.1 on 2 running backs.

#2 in a 12 team PPR - figure to get marvin, reggie wayne, or anquan at 2 and Droughans, FWP, or Bush at 3.

I would stay very far away from Moss, either of the Joneses, Warrick, and Jamal at those picks. my .02

Exactly my dilemma.

You get a top 3 pick which should carry your team, so there's no reason to take unnecessary risks. I've thought about Taylor there and think I like Willie Parker better.

But if a top WR is there (Holt, Harrison), I'm leaning toward going that way and then reaching for Foster in the 3rd and then handcuffing Williams in the 6th or 7th.

To me, Harrison/Foster > Chester Taylor/Ward (or a similar combo).

I should note that in my semi-snake draft, I get the 3rd pick then the 10th pick in the 2nd and 3rd and then the 3rd pick in the 4th and 5th.

Not standard, but close enough.

Have #2, looking at LJ/LT(Im a Bolts homer, but...$$ talks) and hoping CJ is there, not real comfortable with Moss(A.Brooks) and had his injury ass last year. And probably going wr again. There is some decent depth at rb this year and some possible huge sleepers(Addai,Bush,Dunn,Droughns,Gore, even Amhan Green :rolleyes: ) So Im going rb,wr,wr,rb. Qb's galore!

I've participated in four 10-team mocks drafting out of the #3 slot and I've come away with this trio three times:

3. LT

18. Westbrook

23. Harrison

I've participated in four 10-team mocks drafting out of the #3 slot and I've come away with this trio three times:

3. LT

18. Westbrook

23. Harrison

That seems ideal, but in recent drafts, Westbrook has averaged 1.11 at Antsports and Harrison doesn't generally fall to the 3rd rd (in a 12 team draft).

Geting that lineup in a 10 teamer may be possible, but for this week anyway don't expect Westbrook to be there at 18.

#2 in a 12 team PPR - figure to get marvin, reggie wayne, or anquan at 2 and Droughans, FWP, or Bush at 3.

I would stay very far away from Moss, either of the Joneses, Warrick, and Jamal at those picks. my .02

My exact thinking. I have the #1 slot, and will take LJ. I think Marvin will be gone. I'm leaning towards Boldin for sure and then either one of the RB's or Chambers..I'm starting to get enamored with Bush, think he could be an interesting paring with LJ. Sure, he'll see fewer touches, but all he has to do is break one and that carry = 20 of Droughan's...I like guys like Wayne, R Williams, etc, but I think it's too far of a reach for those guys...I won't take JJ for sure because of Barber, but I'm still battling with KJones.