Sign in to follow this  
mattxweltner

broncos recievers

how do you guys see the bronco's recievers doing this year, and who will put up better numbers?

walker is an amazing talent but is coming off that injury.

smith is old but consistantly solid.

any thoughts?

I see Walker having a better year. He's coming off an injury and has something to prove. Smith is indeed getting old, and the combination of his age and the presence of Javon should negatively effect his numbers.

Smith will continue to be the go to guy until Walker get's comfortable testing his knee and with the offense. I'd love to own Walker around week 9 because I think he'll start putting up some serious #'s thereafter and easily take over the go to spot on that team for years to come.

The problem is that I'm not willing to draft him as early as everyone else will (a.d.p. 4.10) in order to wait for that production down the line.

Rod Smith has been getting old the last 4 years and still he produces. I like Rod in the later rounds as a solid #3 WR on any fantasy team.

Do it like I did. Draft them both and see who pans out to be the better receiver. I expect Smith to be the guy the first few games but once Walker turns it on, it will be the Javon-Show for Denver (until he gets hurt again, of course)

Rod Smith maybe the most overlooked WR option in the game. He can be had at decent value and put up very consistent numbers. you will rarely get blockbuster performences out of him but consitency is the key here.

I dont see walker doing well at all, if you look at stats of new recievers in their first year on a new team they are terrible.

:unsure: Hmm, what about Santana Moss, Plaxico Burress or Owens - just to throw in some names...!?