Sign in to follow this  
Darcimer

Mocking with Draft Buddy possible?

Does anyone know if the draft buddy has a feature where you can automate certain teams/draft slots according to VBD or ADP?

Thanks.

Todd A.

Hi Todd. No, there is no auto-feature for this. If it was straight ADP, then it would be the same draft everytime. If we added some random factor, then there would be a lot of variables to consider as teams fill in based on team needs. Its an interesting idea. I'd have to think about some more for next year.

I usually mock out the first few rounds of each draft I prep for filling in picks for other teams as a best guess based on what I know about them, if I've been in the league for a while and know the history of the owners.

Hi Todd. No, there is no auto-feature for this. If it was straight ADP, then it would be the same draft everytime. If we added some random factor, then there would be a lot of variables to consider as teams fill in based on team needs. Its an interesting idea. I'd have to think about some more for next year.

I usually mock out the first few rounds of each draft I prep for filling in picks for other teams as a best guess based on what I know about them, if I've been in the league for a while and know the history of the owners.

OK, Thanks... I have seen other draft tools with a mock feature, and, yes, the ADP doesn't work well. I was hoping to use custom rankings for the automatic picks. I don't know if it's intentional, but my league has sorta migrated to my way of thinking, and it has become more and more difficult to be creative while drafting, which means that their lists are usually very close to my list...

Now that I am in the 12 slot, I need to be prepared. I see alot of quality and value there, but if you screw it up, it's a long wait before you can fix it, and will probably be too late..

Yes, I'm in the 11 spot in a draft right now. Point per reception and IDP league. First two picks I'm happy with. Next two - good as well although one was Manning who I didn't expect to be there and I normally do not take a QB early. Next two - terrible choices. Ditto the next two. Now rounds 9 and 10 are coming up so hopefully there is a little better value at these spots.

Yes, I'm in the 11 spot in a draft right now. Point per reception and IDP league. First two picks I'm happy with. Next two - good as well although one was Manning who I didn't expect to be there and I normally do not take a QB early. Next two - terrible choices. Ditto the next two. Now rounds 9 and 10 are coming up so hopefully there is a little better value at these spots.

Well good luck with that. Hopefully the other teams will branch out soon, and you have some defensive aces up your sleeve. I am guessing you're light in the RB stable, and you will be able to grab something, because even with IDP, the I bet the RB's were running thin after 4 rounds, and you didn't pick again until the end of 5. When you say "terrible choices" did you mean you made bad choices, or the choices presented to you were awful ( or both)? And if you have Peyton, let me ask you, did you go WR for one of the first two?

I am mocking my own first 6 rounds, and am having terrible luck whether I go RB/RB or RB/WR. I am convincing my self that 3 of my first 4 have to be RB.

Any thoughts, strategy-wise, on how to handle 1RB/1WR/1TE/ "3 flex"? Do you think going with best available the whole way makes sense, or do you think you still need 2-3 serviceable backs?

Good luck..

Todd A.

Thanks Todd. I'll let you judge the draft for yourself. You can view it right here:

http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2006/...=44909&O=17

RB is fine I think because I did go RB/RB. Normally I would go RB/WR, especially in a PPR league, but this is must start 2 RB and once Westbrook was there in the 2nd I had to take him as he really has potential mid-1st round value in this format. The other option would have been Holt with that pick.

What I mean by terrible picks were really the options at that stage. I didn't feel there were really any choices I was super excited about at that point, that represented good value. Krueger felt the same way as I ran over the choices with him. Let's see... just missed Matt Jones by a pick, so I was looking at RB TJones, AGreen, McAllister, CBrown. All have their warts. At WR, options Houshmanzadeh, Evans, Horn, Rod Smith, Coles.

Went with TJones and Housh. As much as I wasn't excited with the picks in the 5th/6th and 7th/8th, things are looking up. I'm happy with Muhammad as my #3 WR. Didn't want to run the risk losing Moats to protect against a Westbrook injury. Still plenty of very good LB choices which is why I haven't touched that position outside Urlacher who was my last tier 1 LB when I was up in the 7th.

My thoughts on RB/RB vs. RB/WR kind of come down to this... make a list of RB you'd always take before your top ranked WR. In my case that list went 12 deep ending at Westbrook. If 2 of those guys are available, then go RB/RB. Otherwise you are hitting who you consider a more risky RB just because of the position he plays, so go with a top WR. Yeah, WR will be a little tougher to fill than it would with a stud in there, but given the options, being stronger RB and weaker WR is not a bad thing. If Driver or Wayne fall to your 3rd pick, you're still in good shape at WR1.

Although I don't know your scoring system, with the flex you're probably going to put more emphasis on RB, not less. Essentially you're going to line up all the positions RB/WR/TE and see which scores the most, but that being equal RB will be preferable due to better consistency and more upside.