Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Flex Position Question

We have our workplace draft tonight, the specifics are listed in my sig with the exception that it is now a 10 team league.

Should I place more emphasis on getting 3 good running backs in the draft (hard to do, even in a 10 league draft) so I can use a RB in the Flex position (with the possible exception of the bye weeks), or should I just plan on using the more plentiful WR spot as the Flex position?

Or, as might be the case, is there an angle to this that I am not even considering? What would be your draft strategy in this league?

Thanks for any help in advance.

It depends on where you draft. But this system leads to drafting best player available.

I would go after solid RBs if possible. Also depends on how people around you draft.

Thanks for the reply. It makes more sense to draft the best available player now that I think about it. I was worried there was some inherent advantage to starting 3 RBs.

Thanks for the reply. It makes more sense to draft the best available player now that I think about it. I was worried there was some inherent advantage to starting 3 RBs.

There is an advantage.

RB's are more consistant. The average starting RB should get 80 yards and a score almost every game. (I'd say 8-15 points in the bank)

A good receiver will get about the same, and some Receivers can do better, but not as often and they are much less consistant. so unless your flex is an elite calibre receiver(not likely), you should use a RB as your flex.

There is an advantage.

RB's are more consistant. The average starting RB should get 80 yards and a score almost every game. (I'd say 8-15 points in the bank)

A good receiver will get about the same, and some Receivers can do better, but not as often and they are much less consistant. so unless your flex is an elite calibre receiver(not likely), you should use a RB as your flex.

Just a note: consistency only matters in Head-to-Head scoring formats.