Sign in to follow this  
Murphys Law

R. Smith vs J. Walker

Who do you think will emerge as the #1 option in Denver? Most rankings have the old reliable Smith ahead of Walker. Walker was a top 5 WR last year on draft day and seems to be a real value pick as a 3rd WR if he falls that far this year. Any word on Plummer's rapport w / Walker in camp?

anyone? Denver homers?

This is all my opinion.. But i'm guessin Rod will have more catches.. slightly more TDs..and the yardage will be extremely close. Remember.. Lelie is gone, so I'm guessin they'll use Javon and his leaping ability to go deep, which means probably less catches, but more yards. Jake will look for trusty Rod in the endzone at first til he builds a repetoire w/ Javon. Plus when near the goaline.. denver rolls out and his rod on slants.. less chance for Javon to use his leaping ability. I think the numbers will all be close.. but Rod will have more catches...barely more TDS..and yardage will be about even. Expect Walker's #s in Nov. and Dec. increase as his playing time w/ Jake does and his injury heals more

I took Walker in the mid rounds. He could get more into the offense as the year goes on. I've read everywhere that he's had a great camp according to Shanahan. If he's abck to 100% and picks up the offense, he could be comeback player of the year. Smith could be in more of a posession role while Walker has more upside obviously.

Tough call . . . I will be interested to see what people say. I am drafting Javon before Rod. My reason is I will already have a lock on my regular starting WR's ahead of either of these two, so I would rather draft someone that has more upside . . . and that is Javon.

Hey, I love rod smith and have done well keeping him on my team over the years....

but at his age, I would bet that Walker would be the #1 guy. I figure they brought him here specifically for that reason. Thats why Lele is pissed because that's the job he wanted. Once the writing was on the wall, he had a temper tantrum and demanded a trade.

Rod will be a quality #2 possession receiver, but the big gun will be walker.

I figure smith(if he stays healthy) will be lucky to put up draftable numbers.