Sign in to follow this  
jski4teen

Run Time Error in Draft Buddy, please assist.

When hitting the Setup Draft Buddy button, the macro creates an error after a few seconds. Is this error effecting the data that I am getting?

Error Message is "Run Time Error 1004: Select Method of Worksheet class failed"

When hitting the Setup Draft Buddy button, the macro creates an error after a few seconds. Is this error effecting the data that I am getting?

Error Message is "Run Time Error 1004: Select Method of Worksheet class failed"

Try having the Cheatsheet Compiler file open when you hit the "Setup Draft Buddy" option. That might work.

Try having the Cheatsheet Compiler file open when you hit the "Setup Draft Buddy" option. That might work.

Thanks for the quick response. It is always appreciated as we all prepare for the all important drafts.

Tried that a couple of times and still received the error. It seems that all my info is up to date as i have the most recent roster moves, but always get a bit weary when the macro error pops up. Should i just download the file, or is that even possible?

Is the filename correct ? Does is include the ".xls" on the end?

Is the filename correct ? Does is include the ".xls" on the end?

Yeah, the file name is correct. In terms of saving, are there any issues that could arise from that? If i updated my Draft Buddy yesterday, and then saved with through the excel toolbar, would that cause any errors?

In playing with both the Compiler and DB, the DB seems to pull in the Cheatsheets properly. It seems that it always stops on the Depth Chart page, but does include the update of Lelie and Duckett. So I am a bit confused.. not sure if there is an answer, but wanted to make sure i did not do something odd to corrupt the file. I have not messed around with it other than playing with the select fields and saving.

Then there shouldn't be a problem. Do you want to send me your copy of the Compiler and I will try to export it to Buddy?

Then there shouldn't be a problem. Do you want to send me your copy of the Compiler and I will try to export it to Buddy?

Mike did you ever figure this out? My Bro in Law, stuck in Norfolk airport cause of the hurricane enroute to our draft, is having the same issue. Worst case i can probably set it up on my machine when if and when he gets here

As far I know I'm caught up on my email. Did he send it to me and I didn't respond?