Sign in to follow this  
blocker

First Draft

This was my first fantasy draft, 12 man league and i had the 7th pick.. also, excuse some of my picks after the 3rd round, i was helping run the draft and was pretty intoxicated at that point

1. Barber

2. Ron Brown

3. R Moss

4. Witten

5. Jul Jones

6. Joe Horn

7. F Gore

8. Trent Green

9. McMichael

10. Eagles

11. Reg Brown

12. Pennington (i know)

13. Feely

14. Travis Taylor

15. Mare

Since then i have made some transactions

Horn/Jones for Wayne/Addai

Dropped Mare, Add Givens

Givens/Taylor for Andre Johnson/Stokley

Drop Givens, Add Troy Williamson

So right now my depth chart is

QB

Green

Pennington

WR

Moss

Wayne

Johnson

Brown

Williamson

RB

Barber

Brown

Gore

Addai

TE

Witten

McMichael

Feely

Eagles

So, is there anything you think I should do or trade any players you think will be a bust? The point system in our league kinda sucks

Passing 40-1

Rush 20-1

Pass 20-1

all the other stuff is standard and no points for receptions, any help would be much appreciated.

I think you did good for your first draft. Even if you draft a really good team,sometimes after it is over you might think that you could have somebody else instead of the one you picked. Also drinking while you draft is not a good thing because you lose focus and get distracted easily.

First of all, I'm confused at how you got Tiki at 7. Who went 4,5,and 6? I'm assuming someone took Peyton, and maybe Portis..who else though? Sjax? Anyways, for a 12-teamer you have great depth at RB and WR. Tiki and Brown are #1 backs in my league so having them both is gonna win you alot of games. I like that you have all #1 options (on their respective teams) at WR other than Wayne, who will catch more balls than most recievers anyway so you should be set there. Gore and Addai as back ups in a 12-teamer is great, especially if they both produce the way they should and become the top back for their teams. Feely is a good kicker even though they dont matter, I would look to drop your D and get a different one from the WW or something, and you could find someone weak at TE and maybe bring in a more solid backup QB. As old as Green is, you need a better #2 than Pennington, so look to move Witten and see if you cant bring in a better QB, maybe even to let Green be a backup. Not too bad overall, especially if you were drinking. Good luck.

yeah good call on the drinking but it is just a fun event even though i did take it out of line. im just really worried about addai and my qb situation

if you post which QBs are on waivers maybe more advice can be given in that department. i agree you're set with RBs and WRs.

K. Collins

G. Frerotte

A. Brooks*

B. Johnson*

K. Boller*

J. Harrington

T. Dilfer

K. Holcomb

J. McCown

B. Bollinger

D. Garrard

J. Losman*

K. Orton

M. McMahon

A. Wright

B. Griese*

J. Martin

C. Frye*

R. Fitzpatrick

M. Schaub

J. Garcia

T. Rattay

S. Rosenfels

J. Sorgi

C. Batch

Some dumbass drafted 5qbs in out league so im hoping he will wise up and release some into free agents

You guys dont think there is any chance of a pennington turn around?

First of all, I'm confused at how you got Tiki at 7. Who went 4,5,and 6? I'm assuming someone took Peyton, and maybe Portis..who else though? Sjax? Anyways, for a 12-teamer you have great depth at RB and WR. Tiki and Brown are #1 backs in my league so having them both is gonna win you alot of games. I like that you have all #1 options (on their respective teams) at WR other than Wayne, who will catch more balls than most recievers anyway so you should be set there. Gore and Addai as back ups in a 12-teamer is great, especially if they both produce the way they should and become the top back for their teams. Feely is a good kicker even though they dont matter, I would look to drop your D and get a different one from the WW or something, and you could find someone weak at TE and maybe bring in a more solid backup QB. As old as Green is, you need a better #2 than Pennington, so look to move Witten and see if you cant bring in a better QB, maybe even to let Green be a backup. Not too bad overall, especially if you were drinking. Good luck.

thanks dude i didnt even read that post, i think the top 7 went manning, edge, portis, lj, alexander, LT, steve smith ahha. also dont you think it would be kinda bad to start mcmichael and brown?

here is the free agent d

Minnesota

(MIN-D/ST) FA Add @WAS Mon

7:00 p.m. 34 0 24 11 1 3 2 361 7.8 125.0

Tennessee

(TEN-D/ST) FA Add NYJ Sun

1:00 p.m. 41 1 9 11 3 4 1 404 7.8 124.0

Detroit

(DET-D/ST) FA Add SEA Sun

1:00 p.m. 31 1 19 12 2 3 0 351 7.0 112.0

San Francisco

(SF-D/ST) FA Add @ARI Sun

4:15 p.m. 28 0 16 10 1 4 1 444 6.9 111.0

St. Louis

(STL-D/ST) FA Add DEN Sun

1:00 p.m. 41 1 13 14 2 2 1 444 6.9 110.0

Kansas City

(KC-D/ST) FA Add CIN Sun

1:00 p.m. 29 0 16 15 2 2 1 343 6.8 108.0

Buffalo

(BUF-D/ST) FA Add @NE Sun

1:00 p.m. 38 1 17 13 0 1 1 371 6.4 103.0

Arizona

(ARI-D/ST) FA Add SF Sun

4:15 p.m. 37 0 15 11 1 3 0 377 6.2 100.0

NYJ

(NYJ-D/ST) FA Add @TEN Sun

1:00 p.m. 30 0 21 7 0 3 1 358 6.1 97.0

Oakland

(OAK-D/ST) FA Add SD Mon

10:15 p.m. 36 0 5 14 4 1 0 373 5.2 83.0

Cleveland

(CLE-D/ST) FA Add NO Sun

1:00 p.m. 23 0 15 8 2 0 2 316 4.9 78.0

Houston

(HOU-D/ST) FA Add PHI Sun

1:00 p.m. 37 0 7 9 1 0 2 422 4.6 74.0

New Orleans

(NO-D/ST) FA Add @CLE Sun

1:00 p.m. 25 0 10 9 1 0 0 376 3.1 50.0

i would definitely try to dump pennington before green. maybe that person with 5 QBs would be interseted in a package of TE and pennington...if they have someone worthwhile for you. otherwise i like brooks from your available QBs since oakland is supposed to have one of the easiest pass defense schedules.

:doublethumbsup:

after some trades here is my team

QB Green

RB T.Barber R.Brown C.Taylor F.Gore W.Lundy C.Cobbs

WR R.Moss R.Brown A.Johnson R.Wayne

TE Shockey McMichael

K Feely

D Eagles

think i should go after a good QB since i have a 6 point td league, however its only 40yards per point and RB and WR is 20yards per point