Sign in to follow this  
solarfire

Trade

Trade  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer in a keeper league E. Manning or Culpepper and D. Bennet

• E. Manning
    • D. Culppeper and D. Bennett

Just curious this is a keeper league, I have E. Manning, B. Farve, B. Leftwich for qbs and I have wr's rod smith, d. Hall, j. Porter, and K johnson, Would you make this trade to improve the wide out staff?

I'm not so sure I'd make that deal.

Culpepper is coming off injury and a terrible season. I agree hes in a better situation now, but I dont think he'll ever put up the record breaking numbers he did a couple years back.

Manning is younger, has tons of potential, and a lot more upside.

I think if you made this deal, you would come to regret it.

I disagree w/ FLM74. Eli is entering his 3rd yr, so he should easily improve off of last yr's #s, and he was pretty good from a fantasy perspective. Culpepper appears to be doing well with his recovery, but I only think he will look to run when it is absolutely necessary. The years of 400+ rushing yards and 4-6 rush tds are long gone, and that was a huge part of his value. I would not feel comfortable with him as my #1 QB. I also am not sold on Bennett as a huge upgrade over what you have now. Although, I do think you need to do something to get a better WR. Just maybe not this particular deal. If you take away that 6 game stretch a few yrs ago, add in the fact that V Young could be throwing passes to him at some pt, and he is not worth giving up Eli for Culpepper.

Id look to upgrade with a different trade.