Sign in to follow this  
mlmeloy

What defenses allow most FF points to TE's?

Does anyone know what defenses do the worst job of covering TEs, or how to find this information? Maybe a stat that would show "fantasy points allowed to TEs" or something of that nature?

I ask because I have two TEs right now, Cooley and Winslow, and am trying to decide which one to start. Cooley plays Min. and Winslow plays NO.

Incidentally, someone in my league dropped B. Watson, and I am considering dropping Winslow for Watson.

Any help appreciated.

You know, I'm sure there really is some inane stat like that maintained somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't know where it is. However, if you can get a feel for which teams have poor linebacking corps and maybe weaker safeties, then you'll have a better idea of who is vulnerable. I don't know enough about Minnesota's or NO's LB corps to comment, but I do know that the Texans have been really, really bad (like historically terrible) at stopping TEs. Cooley goes against the Texans in Week 3. The Texans won't be quite as bad this year, but the team's two safeties are weak in coverage, as are two of the three starting linebackers.

To expand this subject, what are the best sites for determining what defenses do the best job against any of the offensive positions? I have seen sites in the past that do this, i.e. worst defense against the pass, etc.

Does anyone know what defenses do the worst job of covering TEs, or how to find this information? Maybe a stat that would show "fantasy points allowed to TEs" or something of that nature?

I ask because I have two TEs right now, Cooley and Winslow, and am trying to decide which one to start. Cooley plays Min. and Winslow plays NO.

Incidentally, someone in my league dropped B. Watson, and I am considering dropping Winslow for Watson.

Any help appreciated.

IMO, grab Watson NOW! He should have a huge year. Frankly, I'd drop Cooley (Washington is a trainwreck) and Frye will be running for his life so he'll need a safety valve, but Watson will be Brady's go-to guy for the forseeable future.

Great-that was the site I remember!!

Now, do I have to be a member, i.e. a paid subscriber to get the 2006 information?

Great-that was the site I remember!!

Now, do I have to be a member, i.e. a paid subscriber to get the 2006 information?

How can there be stats for 2006 when the 1st game hasnt been played yet? :cheers:

MyFantasyLeague.com has this information also. They show fantasy points scored against any particular team broken down by position.

You just have to find a league with the same scoring as yours (unless your league is on that site).

Linkage

In 2005, the Chefs and Bungles are the teams that relinquished the most points against TE in the attached scoring format.

HTH

Thanks guys. I am still debating picking up Watson. I'm hesitant to drop Cooley or Winslow, and to have three TE's is ridiculous.