Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Deion Branch

He went nowhere?!

The Pats said they wanted two first rounders......c'mon!

Will Deion sit out all year or eventually sign?

He went nowhere?!

The Pats said they wanted two first rounders......c'mon!

Will Deion sit out all year or eventually sign?

just IM'd with a buddy of mine in NE. Bigtime Pats fan....

He said that it's laughable that his agent is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

On the one hand, they're telling the Pats that Branch is a #1 WR and thus worthy of being compensated as such.

On the other hand, the Pats are trying to be compensated for him in a trade as though they are losing a #1 WR and his agent is telling them they should accept a 2nd round pick for him as a "reasonable offer".

Meanwhile the Pats saying they want 2Xfirst rounders is essentially the same thing as them telling Branch and his agent to go fock themselves.

This is my buddy's evaluation, and I am inclined to agree. If I were a betting man, I'd say Branch doesn't play a significant portion of this season, if at all. Either that or he & his agent go crawling back to the Pats with his tail between his legs.

On any other team with any other QB he's a WR2. He should be baking cookies for Brady and taking his 4 mil and shutting the hell up.

Have I mentioned that I hate greedy holdout players?

I have a buddy who is a huge Pats fan. He grabbed him up early in our draft, like 6th round. I hope you are right about him sitting out for a large portion. Would give me ammunition all year long. :banana:

I just heard that the agent/Branch are pi$$ed, and they called an EMERGENCY Council metting or some sh!t like that..

Saying they got a good/reasonable offer for the Pats, but they ain't giving in......

Those offers LOOK alot better than the offer the Pats gave, but they really aren't better..

This was being discussed by Fred Smerlas and DeOssie(BOTH ExPlayers, and the also played on the Pats, they KNOW what a contract REALLY is) on WEEI radio/Boston ( which can also be heard LIVE ONLINE, fwiw).

Supposedly Branch was gonna sit out a long time ( probably till week 10, isn't that the week they get credit for a year played? HTH do they come up with that crap? I'd be FIRED! )....

Branch is officially part of the LOSER squad IMO.

IDGAS what he does, I hope he breaks his leg walking to his Mercedes.

I have a buddy who is a huge Pats fan. He grabbed him up early in our draft, like 6th round. I hope you are right about him sitting out for a large portion. Would give me ammunition all year long. :banana:

that same buddy is in a NE league, 12 Pats fans....and apparently Branch went undrafted last Sunday night. :dunno:

Branch's agent just filed a grievance with the league. Something about not honoring his contract or some bs like that.

Whatever it is, this thing is going the way of the TO/Iggles soap opera. No way Branch is back with the Pats this year.

Branch's agent just filed a grievance with the league. Something about not honoring his contract or some bs like that.

Whatever it is, this thing is going the way of the TO/Iggles soap opera. No way Branch is back with the Pats this year.

And all TO did this offseason was ride an exercise bike wearing cycling gear and the media went apesh!t over it...Branch is painted with invisible juice I guess.

:thumbsup:

And all TO did this offseason was ride an exercise bike wearing cycling gear and the media went apesh!t over it...Branch is painted with invisible juice I guess.

perception is everything and TO is perceived to be a selfish, team wrecker (right or wrong)

I love this.

Belichick is a total ass. Branch prolly thinks he will sit out 10 weeks and come back, but i think there is no chance that Belichick will ever allow that. He will likely suspend him for the year.

Branch is a very good reciever. But he is not worth what he is asking....prolly no reciever is. Its simply not an important position, which is why Belichick/Parcells have put so little stock in that position over the years.

Patriots asking for 2 #1's is hilarious. Branch has a contract and the rules of the NFL are that he must live up to it. His Agent is steering him wrong. He could potentially end up playing in NY, with Chad Pennington and Patrick Ramsey throwing him the ball, making an extra couple million over 4 years, instead of catching passes from a living legend, playing for one of the greatest coaches in the history of organized sports, and winning titles.

These agents really get inside these athletes heads and screw them up thats for sure.

just IM'd with a buddy of mine in NE. Bigtime Pats fan....

He said that it's laughable that his agent is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

On the one hand, they're telling the Pats that Branch is a #1 WR and thus worthy of being compensated as such.

On the other hand, the Pats are trying to be compensated for him in a trade as though they are losing a #1 WR and his agent is telling them they should accept a 2nd round pick for him as a "reasonable offer".

Meanwhile the Pats saying they want 2Xfirst rounders is essentially the same thing as them telling Branch and his agent to go fock themselves.

This is my buddy's evaluation, and I am inclined to agree. If I were a betting man, I'd say Branch doesn't play a significant portion of this season, if at all. Either that or he & his agent go crawling back to the Pats with his tail between his legs.

On any other team with any other QB he's a WR2. He should be baking cookies for Brady and taking his 4 mil and shutting the hell up.

Have I mentioned that I hate greedy holdout players?

Branch is a #1 receiver and the pats offer was in that price range.

what branch is claiming is that not only is he a #1 WR, but that he is worth elite #1 money.

it is clear that Branch is not an Elite #1 WR. I am sorry. He has had 1000 yards receiving only once in his career. (last year)

Agreed, he was superbowl MVP but I do believe that the pats offer took that into account.

I think the pats are not being unfair. Hopefully branch will come to his senses sooner rather than later.

I love this.

Belichick is a total ass. Branch prolly thinks he will sit out 10 weeks and come back, but i think there is no chance that Belichick will ever allow that. He will likely suspend him for the year.

Branch is a very good reciever. But he is not worth what he is asking....prolly no reciever is. Its simply not an important position, which is why Belichick/Parcells have put so little stock in that position over the years.

Patriots asking for 2 #1's is hilarious. Branch has a contract and the rules of the NFL are that he must live up to it. His Agent is steering him wrong. He could potentially end up playing in NY, with Chad Pennington and Patrick Ramsey throwing him the ball, making an extra couple million over 4 years, instead of catching passes from a living legend, playing for one of the greatest coaches in the history of organized sports, and winning titles.

These agents really get inside these athletes heads and screw them up thats for sure.

Ummmm why is Belicheck the ass?

Branch's dumbass agent is the as$, and Branch is a damn CHUMP for following that loser.

Ummmm why is Belicheck the ass?

Branch's dumbass agent is the as$, and Branch is a damn CHUMP for following that loser.

:dunno:

I agree with the question. How can this be Belichick's fault? The guy in under contract to play. He got a good offer. He turned it down. He was told to shop himself. The offer wasn't fair compensation. He was told to fock himself. His agent is the total ass, not BB.

I agree with the question. How can this be Belichick's fault? The guy in under contract to play. He got a good offer. He turned it down. He was told to shop himself. The offer wasn't fair compensation. He was told to fock himself. His agent is the total ass, not BB.

If you read the post you would see we are in 100% agreement. Belichick Is an ass, as in a "hard ass"

The offer of a #2 is NOT fair. Not at this juncture of the season.

I am convinced Branch has played his last down in NE, though

Ty Law's agent has a new client?

Kraft, Pioli and BB will not be muscled, it's as simple as that. Seymor kept his mouth shut and got paid, Branch would have too.

He'll be back next week. Then he wont be tagged next year, and i really didnt think he'd be anyway, and he'll be gone.

instead of catching passes from a living legend, playing for one of the greatest coaches in the history of organized sports, and winning titles.

Whoa, hold on there, you just lost me. I think you got a little carried away.

Whoa, hold on there, you just lost me. I think you got a little carried away.

Is there anything debateable there? :thumbsup:

For all the Branch talk the past couple weeks and then no reply's? What gives! :doublethumbsup:

Because there's already a stickied thread on this topic.