Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Christ

What NFL expert do you listen to most?

Which NFL "expert" do you hear or read and think "well if thinks so and so will be good, I should take a look at him"?

Who gets your respect? Anyone? or do you think they are all full of BS

I compile the opinions of all of the "NFL experts", determine a concensus opinion on each player, then do the opposite.

Which NFL "expert" do you hear or read and think "well if thinks so and so will be good, I should take a look at him"?

Who gets your respect? Anyone? or do you think they are all full of BS

Can't say I have ever found an "NFL expert" that when I read their articles, I ultimately base my FF choices off their writings, teachings, etc.

Now, I do read everything on NFL.com from Dr. Cheeks, to Rich Eisen, heck, even Aikman, Simms, Colinsworth and the whole crew's articles, but I don't necassarily make any decisions based on what I read them write.

I also fully read almost every article on FFtoday.com, and have actually used some of their articles, strategies and rankings, at least enough so that I can say they have helped me make a couple decisions, but again I usually make my own decisions, and I find that while I might agree with 50% of the player projections, I usually disagree with most.

I also read a few other sites, ESPN, each nfl team website, CBS sportsline, rotoworld, and a handful of others, but again, it's all taken with a grain of salt.

Now.... While I don't completely base my draft picks, free agents and trades off these "experts" they do give me additional points of view. The best thing about each and every FF writer, NFL writer, or the writers inbetween, is they give you a different, unbiased opinion towards you prediction.

If you know that nobody, including yourself, is gonna be right 100% of the time, it pays to know what other people think of players you favor, and it also can help you overlook players that have spurned you in the past.

But, if there is anyone out there I would tip my hats to more than anyone else (if nothing else for the quality of the writing and entertainment value of the articles) it would be FFToday #1 (Gut Check Rules, nuff said) with NFL.com's experts / analysts 2nd. They would probably be 1st except that they don't always cater to FF and a lot of articles are aimed mostly at your typical NFL news. I also don't like that you have to pay to actually see the "good" ff articles.

Again...

Wildman (Gut Check) - FFToday

MacGregor - FFToday

Dr. Cheeks - NFL.com

Rich Eisen - NFL.com

Are the best IMHO. They might not put up the best percentage's of correct FF stats, but at least they sound like they have fun writing their articles, they are ALWAYS entertaining, and they don't hold back personal preferences to try and "stick with the norm". You can usually count on them to make some bold moves, and well, lets face it, bold moves win championships..... course they also lose them too :(

Sunday mornings when I got the coffee brewing early and the toast getting crispy Mort is the man with the most updated information about injuries and last minute pulls/plugs for fantasy.

Chris Mortensen is money. I listen to him every morning before I submit my lineup.

Agreed. Mort isn't exactly reinventing the wheel, but you can rely on his information as being true.

Thats a damn good answer, bonnie bernstien is a great deepthroat too!

LOL!! Nice!!

Salisbury, quick and accurate

Mort.

I do like Peter King as well.

I don't know who I listen too...but I sure pray to :dunno: about 1 minute to kickoff - Oh please Jesus Christ, give my players a perfect day on this glorious day you have created!