Sign in to follow this  
groovy gravy

Unfair trade?

I tried to make a trade in my league for Williamson but it was vetoed. One manager said that since Williamson was a number one receiver and Troupe was not even drafted that it was not equal. What do you think? Fair trade value here?

I tried to make a trade in my league for Williamson but it was vetoed. One manager said that since Williamson was a number one receiver and Troupe was not even drafted that it was not equal. What do you think? Fair trade value here?

That trade is fair. In my league, I drafted Troupe and picked up willaimson off the ww

I hate leagues with "veto-happy" owners. There's no way that this trade should get vetoed. I doubt any collusion would be happening before the season even starts! Not to mention the fact that Troupe had more yards and twice the TDs that Williamson had last year. Basically, your league's owners are veto-ing based on what they think MIGHT happen this year. Ridiculous. :angry:

I hate leagues with "veto-happy" owners. There's no way that this trade should get vetoed. I doubt any collusion would be happening before the season even starts! Not to mention the fact that Troupe had more yards and twice the TDs that Williamson had last year. Basically, your league's owners are veto-ing based on what they think MIGHT happen this year. Ridiculous. :pointstosky:

I agree wholeheartedly. i have never even heard of a vetoed trade before a season starts. imo, the veto should be an option of last resort for situations where it becomes obvious that one owner is in fact sacrificing his team (usually after he is mathematically eliminated from playoff contention) to benefit another. i guess it is possible that this could happen at the outset of the season, but the trade you described certainly doesn't sound like such a situation.