Sign in to follow this  
thenewlibrahi2

Too Much Depth A Problem?

I took the approach this year that you can never have enough depth at RB. I figure, you can always trade and upgrade somewhere else, right? Well, here is what happened up to week 1....

My draft:

Portis

Fitz

C. Taylor

D. Driver

R. Droughns

Mike Bell

Tatum Bell

Ben Watson

Mike Vick

Jags DST

(and so on.....)

Last week, I started Droughns and Mike Bell. Ask me why? I have no idea. Portis wasn't expected to play, Droughns was playing the Saints. I got screwed. Now I have a decision every week, who to start? Droughns is off the list. I want one good week to trade him away. No one wants him now. I am going Portis and C. Taylor this week, don't care about how good the Bell's will do. I lost by 5 points last week, stupid decisions.

I also tried to trade before week 1, was getting offered Travis Taylor for Droughns, Chad Pennington for Droughns. Are you joking? I drafted him 5th round, people want a straight up trade for someone they drafted in the 14th round. I hate idiots.

Any thoughts on depth or what to do when you have decisions to kill yourself over every week?

Guest Swobo

First of all, it's much better to have too much depth than too little depth. I much rather have to decide between starting Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson than scrubs like Wali Lundy or Samkon Gado. You just have to play it by matchups, usually starting your studs.

Second of all, Chad Pennington for Droughns?!?! That doesn't sound like too bad of a trade. :rolleyes:

Yes it's week 1, Reuben Droughns and Cleveland had an awful week - abandon all hope and release him to the waiver wire.

Yes it's week 1, Reuben Droughns and Cleveland had an awful week - abandon all hope and release him to the waiver wire.

huh? just read my post over again, never said that. those trades were offered to me, not by me. i know he's better than week 1, but with that miserable offense, i would like to get a good couple weeks and trade him with some high value. with all those rbs, plus others, i feel droughns could help me improve, at QB nontheless (Vick)

I also tried to trade before week 1, was getting offered Travis Taylor for Droughns, Chad Pennington for Droughns. Are you joking? I drafted him 5th round, people want a straight up trade for someone they drafted in the 14th round. I hate idiots.

Any thoughts on depth or what to do when you have decisions to kill yourself over every week?

:lol: This week, you'll probably get offered a D that somebody just picked up off the waiver wire for Reuben. When you can't show squat against New Orleans, your fantasy value can't get much lower. Who woulda thunk it? I thought he might be good for 100 and a TD against the Saints. But now, I think you're stuck with Reuben as a backup.

Yeah, thats weak. In one league I got stuck with the 12th pick in a 12 teamer, so I stock-piled RBs as well. This week, I get offered Joey Galloway for Chester Taylor. :rolleyes: WTF???

Personally, I think Chester is your best commodity unless someone has :wub: for Tatum. Maybe you can package Driver and Taylor for another #1 WR? :P