Sign in to follow this  
bzengler

Should I bench LaMont Jordan?

I am so conflicted about this. You have the "Never bench your studs" theory, then again he is going up against the Ravens. TJ may share carries with Benson? What should I do? Please help.

Until proven otherwise, TJ is also a stud. Therefore you can start him and not have to worry about "benching your studs."

There's the distinct possibility that Jordan is no longer a "stud." New coach, new system, an even WORSE offensive line than last year (if that's possible) along with an even worse QB...this team may not win a game. Plus they're travelling east over 3 time zones to play (arguably) the best team in football?

No brainer. Start Jones, make sure you have Benson handcuffed to him, and find a sucker to unload Jordan on in your league.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry2693019

I agree. Bench Jordan.

however, this recommendation is assuming Tommy Jones remains the starter.

If you see an announcement on game day saying jones will split carries with Cedric Benson, then I'd change my recommendation and start Jordan.

I dont think benson is at the point where this will be an issue (yet) however, anything is possible.

when dealing with these situations, you need to check the web sites early Sunday morning before your deadline to set the rosters and make sure that all is as it is supposed to be.

I agree. Bench Jordan.

however, this recommendation is assuming Tommy Jones remains the starter.

If you see an announcement on game day saying jones will split carries with Cedric Benson, then I'd change my recommendation and start Jordan.

I dont think benson is at the point where this will be an issue (yet) however, anything is possible.

when dealing with these situations, you need to check the web sites early Sunday morning before your deadline to set the rosters and make sure that all is as it is supposed to be.

Agree. Although that 's not going to be an issue this week. Eventually benson will overtake Jones if for no other reason than because of all the money the Bears are paying Benson. That's why he'll need both.