Sign in to follow this  
FantasyAddict

Trade for Shaun Alexander - giving up too much?

I have a chance to get Shaun Alexander

They want TO, plus Benson (they have Jones), plus probably Driver (offered Bruce but they said they needed more).

It's a PPR performance league so I hate to give up 2 stud WRs (we can start 1 RB and WRs instead of 2 & 2 if we want)

Would you do this deal? How much is too much for Alexander?

fyi, my other WRs are Boldin, plus Bruce, Lloyd and Colston (16 team league)

I'll answer yours too - send your link when you reply.

Thanks!

Benson is nothing, Jones is the real back in Chicago. I'm a huge bears fan and I have yet to see Benson do anthing in the NFL to get excited about.

I don't know that I could trade 3 for 1 even if it is Alexander...

Who are your other RBs ??

well, to put it in perspective, in a non-ppr league, i traded reuben droughns, tatum bell and marvin harrison for shaun alexander, t.j. houshmandzadeh and maurice morris.

ok, your RB's Blow and you have OK reciever depth. Bolden and Bruce are good, and Colston has good potential.

I think its a gamble no matter what you do, but unless you have a RB you can't hope to do good. However I would not offer 2WR and Benson.. He want's Benson for insurance, so you can use that... offer less in WR or hold Benson and see how bad he wants him.

Alexander is great, I have him my self but if I were in your shoes I think the price is too high. You might want to look elsewhere in your league to see if you can make a less costly trade.

So you current lineup is:

RB: Ronnie Brown

WR: TO, Boldin, Driver

after trade

RB: Ronnie Brown, Alexander

WR: Boldin, Bruce

So the question is will Alexander score enough points to make up for 1/3 or TO's production and all of Drivers. I don't see it in a PPR league but it is probably a toss up and you have to go with you gut. Driver gets a lot of looks. I'm usally a big RB guy but I think i would try and wait a week or two and see how that O line in Seattle looks.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=233161

I think this is a little much to give up for him. If it came down to having stud recievers and stud backs I would definately take the back, but I think there should be a way for you to find 2 players to swap. If you have a back you can spare with more value than Benson, I might try offering him with Driver and keeping TO. If Boldin gets injured you would be in bad shape, its always nice to have some insurance.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=233165

Not a big fan of the trade. Alexander is great but won't have the year he had last year. Plus owens boldin and driver could possibly be the best wr core in your league. I say wait. Thanks for answering mine!

I wouldnt do it. I think Alexander will not have a repeat performance, and he wont score the points lost from TO and Driver. If you could manage to swing this deal without giving up Driver, then :thumbsup: