Sign in to follow this  
weas98

Who's Dropping Plummer This Week?

I'm dropping him for hopefully Rex Grossman or Alex Smith.

Never thought I would be saying that before the season started.

Sign me up for the dropping Jake the Fake club. 2 weeks and no TD, especially against KC's defense is ridiculous. He cost me the game last week and almost did this week.

I am going to try and drop him for Grossman.

I dropped him last week. Good riddance.

now I'm trying to figure out whether I should drop Pennington or Brees and pick up Rexy.

I'm dumping him for Cotchery... already have Beldsoe and McNair on my bench... was just waiting for either Bledsoe or Plummer to look like shite before i got rid of one.... now my choice has been made!

I am dropping Plummer too after starting him 2 weeks now over Bledsoe. I'd be happy to have Rex or Alex Smith over him at this point.

Dropped him for Cutler :unsure:

Rotoworld:

The Denver Post reports the Broncos are a team "being prepared for a change at quarterback."

It could happen as soon as next week. Though he didn't cost Denver the game Sunday, if Jake Plummer is again ineffective at New England, there's a good chance Jay Cutler might get the call.

Benched him this week for McNair.

Dropping him for Vick if Vick clears Waivers.

Everyone in the league was afraid of Vick but I'm believing now. At least he gets TDs.

yeah I got pwned last week when I played Plummer and this week he cost me again. The only problem is that my other QB is the other Jake (who is good, but without Steve Smith he has no weapons). I have Pennington, who has looked good in the first 2 weeks so I'm more than likely plying him in W3.

Either way Jakey Jakey (bout to make a mistakey-stakey) is donesies.

I have Pennington on the WW, but he has the same bye week as Warner.. so I have to hold onto Jake. The only glimmer of hope is that he gets to play Oakland twice, and down the stretch they get Arizona and San Fran.

Dropped him this week in one of my teams, picked up Pennington. Thankfully, I don't own him in my other teams.

It would be sweet if I could have dropped him for, say, a kicker or backup TE. :dunno:

Any Denver homers know if he is going to play this week? I am not sure if dumping him to pick up Grossman, A Smith, Carr is a good idea or not. I have Bledsoe on a bye so I need to make a decision this week.

Plummer has the Pat's at NE and Pennington looked pretty against their pass D last week.

Plummer is my sleeper pick for week 3. I dont own the guy, but he put together some nice drives in that KC game. They just couldn't capitalize in the red zone. The Snake starts slow, then gets things rolling...

I see him in the shotgun more against NE, and should open things up nicely if Rod Smith plays.

This game will be a flat out shootout. Plummer 2 Td's, possibly 3

Plummer is my sleeper pick for week 3. I dont own the guy, but he put together some nice drives in that KC game. They just couldn't capitalize in the red zone. The Snake starts slow, then gets things rolling...

I see him in the shotgun more against NE, and should open things up nicely if Rod Smith plays.

I agree. I plan on picking him up in every league that some owner is stupid enough to drop him in. Once he gets it going, he will be a much better play that Grossman or Alex Smith.

The more I think about it the more I reason that I am keeping him. Jake came through last year and carried a lot of FF Teams. He is much more proven to drop for Alex Smith or Grossman who were the two that I was considering picking up in his place. Neither of these teams have done too much with the run game. NE pass D is not that great and I think that Plummer uses this week to get back on track. I keep telling myself that at least. I just think that the fans are calling for his back-up but Jake is a vet. He can deal with the pressure.

I'm letting him go for Grossman this week. I'm not sold on Grossman (my other QB is Rivers), and I'm not convinced Plummer isn't going to turn it around, but I didn't want to take the chance. I figure even with a good week, between his first 2 weeks and the media hyping a QB controversy, it's going to take a few weeks before someone picks him up, so I'll probably be able to reclaim him if it isn't working out.

I'm considering dropping him for Carr. I don't see anyone picking him up after I drop because the negative points in my league so if he gets hot I can just grab him.

BYE BYE BASTARD!!!! :mad:

Thought about Cutler as well but Denver likes to run and it seems to me the receivers aren't getting open AT ALL. I can't imagine the rookie doing much better ....

<knock knock>

WELL HELLO!!!!! It's Mr. Grossman from the Chicago Bears ... please please, step into my office!!!

:) :headbanger: :huh: :unsure:

It is difficult to compare Jake Plummer to last year, as there is 1 missing ingredient - Gary Kubiak. He was the person who worked with him last year, and it is apparent now that Kubiak is gone, Jake is going back to his old self. Case in point - Forget the 5 turnovers in the first 2 games, Jake threw another left handed pass against St Louis (Like he did 2 years ago). He didn't do anything like that last year. Once I saw that play, I dropped him from my team. Without Kubiak working with him constantly, I don't see it happening this year. I could be wrong, but that is my theory.......

The thought of dumping Plummer and picking up Grossman and having to start him (Bledsoe on a bye) just freaks me out. The guy has confidence though but if I do get him (10/12 on waiver order right now) I know this would be the week Chicago goes back to the run. Kubiak is doing a good job with Carr so far.

The more I think about it the more I reason that I am keeping him. Jake came through last year and carried a lot of FF Teams. He is much more proven to drop for Alex Smith or Grossman who were the two that I was considering picking up in his place. Neither of these teams have done too much with the run game. NE pass D is not that great and I think that Plummer uses this week to get back on track. I keep telling myself that at least. I just think that the fans are calling for his back-up but Jake is a vet. He can deal with the pressure.

I think you are kidding yourself, I watched him against KC and he was consistently either under throwing or over-throwing receivers and KC defense was all but ignoring the passing game. They were completely stacking the box and Plummer still couldn't capitalize. I dropped him with the understanding no one will bother to pick him up, if he gets it going he should still be there for a while.

I think you are kidding yourself, I watched him against KC and he was consistently either under throwing or over-throwing receivers and KC defense was all but ignoring the passing game. They were completely stacking the box and Plummer still couldn't capitalize. I dropped him with the understanding no one will bother to pick him up, if he gets it going he should still be there for a while.

Thanks for the insight. I didn't watch the last game. Since I am so far down in the waiver order (10/12) I may not get even Carr at this point so was considering keeping Plummer and trying to convince myself why. I am sure Grossman will go before I can get him and even Alex Smith maybe. No on else is left besides Carr then and he may even go. Weirder things have happened.

my buddy did for pennington..

he asked me on draft night(i was done with my qbs)...plummer or chad..i like chad MUCH more..but i wasnt sure of his shoulder..i didnt say more than that...

too bad the teams that NEED a qb are in denvers division..maybe they could trade plummer to the titans...

my buddy did for pennington..

he asked me on draft night(i was done with my qbs)...plummer or chad..i like chad MUCH more..but i wasnt sure of his shoulder..i didnt say more than that...

too bad the teams that NEED a qb are in denvers division..maybe they could trade plummer to the titans...

I only wish Pennington was available!

I was thinking about picking up Plummer....then dropping him.

That's how bad he's been.

When I saw Cutler playing in the preseason, I wondered how long it would be before Plummer heard footsteps...

Too bad...I always liked Jake the Snake. I think he's a good QB and a good dude who spent waaaaay too much time in AZ. Best years of his career behind him & all.

I am not a DEN homer but I have to think he turns this slow start aroud like he did last year. Shanny seems to be giving him a chance. He has been playing bad but the season is not over and no rookie will be taking over anytime soon.

Did you see Skeletor's face after Jake threw it to the "s" in Broncos with nobody within 5 yards?

As a bigtime Shanny hater.. that was priceless.

As a Rod Smith owner.. I had the same look on my face :lol:

Did you see Skeletor's face after Jake threw it to the "s" in Broncos with nobody within 5 yards?

As a bigtime Shanny hater.. that was priceless.

As a Rod Smith owner.. I had the same look on my face :lol:

Let's just keep telling ourselves that it will get better. I am no Homer but an Plummer owner.