Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

LJ Smith is injured .. what do I do?

LJ Smith injured his shoulder during the week 2 game. His status for week 3 is uncertain.

If Smith is out this week, what should I do? .. I don't really want to drop anyone from my roster and pick up a replacement TE just for this week. I am sure whoever I drop will get scooped up quickly.

FYI: Here is my roster ..

QB: Bulger, Warner

RB: L Jordan, C Williams, Dunn, A Green, M Barber

WR: S Moss, D Jackson, D Branch, A Bryant, G Jennings

TE: Heap, LJ Smith

K: Tynes

DEF: IND

By the way, my league plays 2 TEs.

If Smith is really out and I can't drop anyone, do you think I'll be better of starting just 1 TE this week? Or I could drop Tynes, pick up a TE and start no kicker this week. What do you guys think?

Please leave links. I will answer all as always.

I think you either start 1 te or go no kicker. I don't see anyone on your roster besides maybe G. Jennings that would be worth dropping for a 1 week fill-in at te. If Smith is out longer than this week. I would drop Jennings and pick someone up. It really depends on who is available and what your scoring is.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...=0#entry2705460

You've got to play to win every week. Drop Jennings. You're never going to play him anyway... And if someone picks him up you have that 1 roster spot to use all year to pick up K and DST if need be.

Thanks for answering mine. I have to go with the consensus ... as much as you hate to do it I would drop Jennings and pick up a TE - even if Smith comes right back, you'll need someone for bye weeks anyway.

I wish I could offer some better advice, but I would really think about dropping Jennings to fill you spot. Taking a zero just isn't worth it unless there is just nobody out there to pick up. You could also look to trade?

call me crazy, and i know im going against the consensus, but if i were to drop someone on your roster, it would be the one guy that doesn't start. Barber. I like Jennings, because you know the Pack will be doing alot of passing and Favre seems to look for him alot! I don't think the demand for Barber would be that high since that spot is essentially Julius Jones'... i think he'll be available next week if you need to pick him up again. Just my 2 cents. thanks for answering mine.