Sign in to follow this  
striker1z

Spinoff: What can you do to sell your house in this slow market?

The thread about asking and selling prices of houses had me thinking about how difficult it is to sell a house in this market, especially in the average price range. What things did you do to sell your house quickly, or if it wasn't selling, how did you get someone to buy it? Obviously reducing the price could be one tactic, but not everyone wants to do that. Has anything else helped sell faster?

The thread about asking and selling prices of houses had me thinking about how difficult it is to sell a house in this market, especially in the average price range. What things did you do to sell your house quickly, or if it wasn't selling, how did you get someone to buy it? Obviously reducing the price could be one tactic, but not everyone wants to do that. Has anything else helped sell faster?

Too late.

Cashed out last week.

Luckily I haven't needed to sell (since there are at least 15-20 new houses sitting vacant in my area - late development in what WAS the "new, hottest, Florida market". My wife and I have been conscious of this though as want to be prepared if another "great" job offer came along. Besides price, the only other thing you can do is make sure you have unique features to go with you house. Looing at the new houses going up, we have a pool, over sized lot (with an undevelopable natural preserve behind us), storm windows (to meet Miami code, not required for our area), same with the door and we installed an electric panel for the generator - the new houses don't (yet). If you need to "sell fast" many of these items would be left out, but we have planned ahead for a sell. Every area of the country is unique in what buyers want and you can plan ahead IMO.